PDA

View Full Version : How did I play this hand wrong?

Darkhorse190
12-04-2004, 12:14 PM
30$ two table SnG on PS. Down to four players. Blinds are 200/400 25 ante. Person behind me was protecting his blinds like it was his child. I have 9000 he has around 9200 while the others only had a couple thousand each.

I am delt QQ in the small blind, it is folded to me and I raise it to 1200. (Wanting and knowing he is going to come over the top.) He reraises for 2000 more. I don't even think about it and put in all my chips. He calls and flips over AK and hits the both of them.

I am thinking I should have stayed away from the other big stack at this time and wait to get him head up where I could eat him alive... Any criticism would be appreciated, thanks

tigerite
12-04-2004, 12:34 PM
Completely standard, come on, it's down to 4 and you have QQ. You're not getting away from this hand.

spindizzy
12-04-2004, 12:36 PM
From someone who clearly knows very little of poker, I can't see how it can be a bad idea to go headsup with QQ all-in, esp. if as you said, he always protected his blinds.

Bad luck. Nothing more.

PocketJokers
12-05-2004, 04:35 PM
i was in a very similar situation a few days back at a stars SNG, holding QQ in the small blind with four left, the button, another big stack raised 3xbb, i moved in, he hit his king on the river and ive been beating myself up about it since

i cant help thinking that i could have cold-called the raise, suspecting he had AK, and from there it would be easier to get away from if an ace or a king hit the board.....just something to think about

DyessMan89
12-05-2004, 05:22 PM
No way to get around it. Period.

jaydoggie
12-06-2004, 01:20 AM
next time just call. then when an ace hits and he bets fold. he will show you 99-JJ and you can post again and ill tell you to push pf. stir. repeat. poker.