PDA

View Full Version : Think it's starting to click.

Bukem_
12-04-2004, 11:13 AM
I first started playing online and have had good success so far working from a $100 bankroll playing .01/02 games at pacific into a nice bankroll. I now 4-table 3-6, and do some 5-10 sh.

Took a trip to AC and played 3/6 at the Taj a couple of weeks ago for my first live poker game. I just went up for one day, more to improve my game than to make money, since the gas/other expenses of getting there from DC makes it less profitable that If I just played online, pretty much regardless of how well I could do at 3/6. I did well, though most of the types of hands I had pretty much played themselves.

I went to play 6/12 at the borgata for a couple of days just recently. The first half of the time I played, I played poker that was certainly capable of beating the bad to horrible players I played against. I played aggresively with good hands, but a few times I let them off the hook with marginal hands. I know I missed a few value bets in the beginning, because I somehow decided to play like the rest of the table and observe the we don't bet on the river play, we just show it down unwritten rule. I was down at first (actually for a pretty long time I was down) but I never lost confidence that I could and would beat these players.

The first table was a landmine with 2-3 maniacs though, so it was easy to avoid marginal situations since they could get me into trouble.

I got progressively more confident as I kept playing, and I realized just how many mistakes my opponents made.

Right towards the end was when I started feeling very confident, this was one of the hands where things felt like they were starting to click.

I'm utg+1 with A /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

utg limps, I limp, mp2 limps, mp3 limps, sb completes, bb checks.

mp3 has been playing decent hands, I don't think he has much of idea of what to do post flop besides betting when he thinks he has the best hand.

flop A /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

blinds check, utg bets, I raise, mp2 calls, mp3 3-bets, blinds fold, utg folds, I 4-bet, mp2 folds, mp3 thinks for a bit and calls.

After the 3-bet I might have given up before and just called. But I liked my hand since I have the A clubs, bd straight draw, and I can beat a2 if the board pairs a non 2 or a Jack shows up. I don't know what mp2 has, but I don't want him sticking around for cheap. I think most likely he(mp3) has a2, less likely he has aq since he would have raised with it, and less likely he has a set since he would probably call here and try to get more action on the turn with it.

Turn is 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet, he thinks a while and he folds.