PDA

View Full Version : Typical JJ hand (I'm attempting to move up to 2/4 from .5/1)

blackaces13
12-04-2004, 06:18 AM
Moving up to 2/4 and man does it seem tight. The players seem WAY too reasonable compared to .5/1 and I'm actually quite taken aback by the level of play I've encountered so far. Here's a regular old hand that I'm only posting because its the only hand I played even remotely worth asking about.

UTG+1 is solid, only raises good hands and everytime hes raised post flop hes shown down a very strong hand. He's a good player.

MP2 hasn't really done much in my time at the table so i know he's not too loose.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (15.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (12.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 16.25 BB, between UTG+1 and Hero.</font>

Anything wrong with the river bet in particular? Can I expect to be ahead enough of the times I'm called by a good player to make this bet?

john smith
12-04-2004, 06:55 AM
Since he's a solid player and he capped pf, I would put him on TT-AA. But I think you played it ok... since he wasn't raising you till the river. I'm thinking maybe he has a set of queens?

sthief09
12-04-2004, 07:48 AM
the only debateable part of the hand is the river call. I think he's makign a move 1 in 16 times

wuarhg
12-04-2004, 08:03 AM
Maybe UTG+1 went for overcalls, shrug. Although... the pot is big so he should be raising, but but. I would call the river although most times you're behind. Hopefully not all the time.

Evan
12-04-2004, 08:03 AM
I'd call. You've easily got the pot odds to call IMO mainly because it just looks so f[/i]ucking weird. Also, take a note. At 2/4 and 3/6 you see the same palyers more than at .5/1, so notes in this spot can help a lot.

blackaces13
12-04-2004, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the only debateable part of the hand is the river call. I think he's makign a move 1 in 16 times

[/ QUOTE ]

How about my betting the river to begin with? Granted it is reflexive to bet the river when checked to with a nice pocket pair but can I really expect to be called by a worse hand than me 55% of the time which HPFAP says should be your barometer?

The ONLY hand I see a decent player calling me with here is TT. I literally can't beat anything else unless he's not as good as I thought he was and looks me up with AK but I think that's unlikely.