PDA

View Full Version : I suck at poker. (No Content)

Chris Daddy Cool
12-04-2004, 05:29 AM
i'm down a lot of bb's over a lot of hands over a long time.

someone hug me and tell me i'll be all right.

Evan
12-04-2004, 05:35 AM
Maybe that chick in your avatar will give you a hug. Your sister is around somewhere, isn't she?

sthief09
12-04-2004, 06:18 AM
but aren't you up $ in that spot, despite being down in BB's?

but that's ok, I can't get my winrate at 5/10 over 1.5... let's make this a pity thread

Chris Daddy Cool
12-04-2004, 06:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but aren't you up $ in that spot, despite being down in BB's?

[/ QUOTE ]

yea thank goodness for 100/200.

private joker
12-04-2004, 06:38 AM
I open-limped with JTo earlier tonight. Can anyone beat that for lousy play?

J.R.
12-04-2004, 06:46 AM
I timed out with AK in an un-opened pot after going to the fridge to get a beer and getting entagled with my girlfriend. I would have turned broadway and lost to the button's rivered full house. meh

Trix
12-04-2004, 08:05 AM
*hugs*

You´ve played lots of 100-200 ?

Vaftrudner
12-04-2004, 08:33 AM
Hey! I'm a newbie! I know the streaks. You're a Carpal \'Tunnel! You know them even more! Just hang in there, it'll turn around. /v

helpmeout
12-04-2004, 08:59 AM
I tried to induce a bluff with a set against a calling station when an Ace fell on the river.

chesspain
12-04-2004, 09:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...and getting entagled with my girlfriend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that what you kids are calling it these days? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Daddy Cool
12-04-2004, 10:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
*hugs*

[/ QUOTE ]

not a lot, but its whats keeeping me afloat while i piss away my money at party 15/30 for the time being

dfscott
12-04-2004, 11:15 AM
Over the past week or so, everyone I've talked to seems to be feeding the fish. I'm approaching a new record myself for biggest sustained BB drop (glad I waited for more than 300BB before I moved back up to this level).

Maybe it's just an early Christmas present for the fish...

Danenania
12-04-2004, 11:24 AM
I'm on an upswing /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Barry
12-04-2004, 11:24 AM
It will be OK. FWIW I think that I have sat with you for a grand total of 56 hands and saw you drop about 24 BB.

A couple of your PF raises were a little too aggro for my blood, but I didn't see anything awful.

Tosh
12-04-2004, 12:02 PM
Bleh I'll moan too; I've banned myself from playing higher again till I can beat 5/10 full for 2BB/100, I'll be stuck here forever I think. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Tosh
12-04-2004, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
*hugs*

[/ QUOTE ]

not a lot, but its whats keeeping me afloat while i piss away my money at party 15/30 for the time being

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm damn jealous of your ability to take shots without worrying, I'm such a p*ssy.

JimRivett
12-04-2004, 12:25 PM
Why can some posters can get away with these types of posts while others are demeaned and sarcastically told to read the "posting guidelines"?

Jim

Entity
12-04-2004, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why can some posters can get away with these types of posts while others are demeaned and sarcastically told to read the "posting guidelines"?

Jim

[/ QUOTE ]
It's an exclusive club. Haven't you already tried to rage against it?

Hey fish daddy, you're gonna be fine. How big's the downswing?

Rob

colgin
12-04-2004, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm down a lot of bb's over a lot of hands over a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. I find that massive amounts of alcohol combined with painkillers help dull the pain (although do not necessarily help to improve one's game). Also, copious copulation seems to make me feel better.

In the meantime CDC, at least you, unlike me, for example, can legitimately tell yourself that you are good at poker and will come back to crush the game.

Good luck and all the best.

Colgin

Chris Daddy Cool
12-04-2004, 12:46 PM
ahah i'm on a bb downswing but i'm actually up in $$. go figure.

anyhoo in 15/30, lets just say if my winrate is what i hope it probably modestly can be, it'll take me another 15k hands just to break even over 45k hands.

JDErickson
12-04-2004, 01:07 PM
Still amases me even now how you can climb the ladder 1 step at a time and then in one day slip and fall back multiple steps in one day breaking all the bones in your body.

And then the next day start climbing again /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Stupid Humans. You'd think we'd learn

Barry
12-04-2004, 01:10 PM
Because Chris Daddy is a decent fellow.

JimRivett
12-04-2004, 01:13 PM
Because Chris Daddy is a decent fellow.

Well that says it all, thank you for your input.

Jim

JimRivett
12-04-2004, 01:14 PM
It's an exclusive club.

It certainly appears that way, but please don't detail the initiation procedure(s).

Jim

chesspain
12-04-2004, 01:25 PM
CDC,

Please consider changing your avatar. Whereas I enjoy seeing a picture of a naked, hot, brunette as much as the next guy, the computer is my family room and my preteenage daughters are often buzzing about.

Chris Daddy Cool
12-04-2004, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
CDC,

Please consider changing your avatar. Whereas I enjoy seeing a picture of a naked, hot, brunette as much as the next guy, the computer is my family room and my preteenage daughters are often buzzing about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Chess, I changed it for ya.
btw, she was Asian, not brunette. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

JinX11
12-04-2004, 02:05 PM
CDC,

Please consider changing your avatar back. Whereas I enjoy seeing a picture of whatever that is right now, the naked, hot, brunette-Asian has me often buzzing about.

bisonbison
12-04-2004, 02:13 PM
Dude, it's aight. Stop playing 20 different poker games at once and go 8 table .5/1 for an afternoon. Then six table 2/4 for a couple of weeks. Then don't play poker for a month.

sfer
12-04-2004, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It certainly appears that way, but please don't detail the initiation procedure(s).

[/ QUOTE ]

Contributing something positive to the forum over a decent period of time is a good start.

JimRivett
12-04-2004, 03:05 PM
Let me put your concerns at ease, I've no ambition or desire to belong to your club, something Groucho Marx said comes to mind.

Second, if your comment had merit, there would be very few "carpal, poo bah" etc posters.

Third, I feel quality is much more important than quantity.

Jim

bisonbison
12-04-2004, 03:10 PM

First, because of this little clause in the title ------> (No Content)

Second, because Chris is a known quantity, so this isn't likely to be the 1st of a dozen off-topic crap posts this weekend.

Third, Chris is a known quantity because he posts interesting hands and contributes to strategy discussions.

Fourth, Chris is known and liked by a lot of the regular posters here. He's somewhere between the SS mascot for LAGs, an idiot savant of poker, and that cocker spaniel you had as a kid that was too stupid to stop running into walls. Plus he's a nice guy who has a lousy goattee.

Did you really want me to spell this out for you?

BottlesOf
12-04-2004, 03:11 PM
I'm tens of thousands of hands away, if not more, if not ever from getting my wr to 2 in 5/10 full.

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I'll have a 20K roll before I'll hit that, I'm not waiting that long to try 15, so [censored] stats, [censored] 'em all.

bisonbison
12-04-2004, 03:12 PM
right in the goatass?

DeathDonkey
12-04-2004, 03:16 PM
Ooh I'll join in on the fun. I've lost 1/3 of my live poker bankroll in the last two weeks topped off by losing $100 in two back to back hands at 3/6 last night with QQ and AA in the blinds. On the plus side I think I can beat Party 2/4 though I have no statistical evidence :P

-DeathDonkey

James282
12-04-2004, 03:34 PM
I'm surprised all of you are beating the 5/10 for so little. It must not be a very good game...isn't 90% of poker trying to play the worst players for the most amount of money(while being reasonably bankrolled)?
-James

BottlesOf
12-04-2004, 03:42 PM
I think you greatly overestimate us.

http://www.kidscolorpages.com/picimages/colorpages/monkey.GIF

JimRivett
12-04-2004, 03:45 PM
I'm not sure how Chris feels about your description of him, it certainly didn't seem too flattering to me.

I also feel that I'm not the only one who has observed the inconsistant responses of some of the posters on this forum.

Jim

EvanJC
12-04-2004, 03:45 PM
so is this a point system deal? is there a formula?
p.s. lame

bisonbison
12-04-2004, 03:59 PM
I'm not sure how Chris feels about your description of him, it certainly didn't seem too flattering to me.

I've met Chris, played live with him several times, and played online with him for dozens of hours. I thus know that Chris can identify and take a joke.

I could give my entire view of Chris's playing style and my opinion of its ensuant strengths and weaknesses and how that may contribute to his current swings and his attitude towards winning and losing and so on, but I won't, because it's nobody's business but Chris's, and it's pretty boring for everyone else. So instead I try to string together ideas in reassuring but unanticipated ways so as to provoke surprise, laughter, and a silent, ironic acknowledgement of affection.

I'm explaining this as explicitly as possible because I find you to be kind of literal-minded and paranoid, seeing the cliquishness of some of the more prolific SS posters as a sinister, self-selected cabal, instead of a self-organizing mob with similar interests and viewpoints.

Evan
12-04-2004, 04:01 PM
Dude, bison and CDC are buddies. Let them work out their marital problems on their own and they'll be just fine.

Evan
12-04-2004, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
self-organizing mob

[/ QUOTE ]
My that has a nice ring to it /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Entity
12-04-2004, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
self-organizing mob

[/ QUOTE ]
My that has a nice ring to it /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
They aren't that organized.

chesspain
12-04-2004, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I find you to be kind of literal-minded and paranoid, seeing the cliquishness of some of the more prolific SS posters as a sinister, self-selected cabal, instead of a self-organizing mob with similar interests and viewpoints.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if I prefer to be part of a cabal or part of a mob. I mean, at least a cabal implies some sense of purpose, whereas a mob implies an aimless bunch of drunk, troublemaking, know-it-alls...ah, never mind. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

sfer
12-04-2004, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Let me put your concerns at ease, I've no ambition or desire to belong to your club, something Groucho Marx said comes to mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a club, and I'm unconcerned. Self-deprecating comment or not.

[ QUOTE ]
Second, if your comment had merit, there would be very few "carpal, poo bah" etc posters.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think CDC has contributed positively to SS/Micro?

[ QUOTE ]
Third, I feel quality is much more important than quantity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Insightful. Where is your quality here?

Dave

bisonbison
12-04-2004, 04:20 PM
a mob implies an aimless bunch of drunk, troublemaking, know-it-alls...ah, never mind.

I mean, if you can become a seamless part of the "clique" just by having a sense of humor and a certain intolerance for stupid posts, it's not much of a junta, is it?

Because in my real revolution, just to be perfectly clear, you're not welcome. New Hampshire will be the first state up against the wall.

Evan
12-04-2004, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Because in my real revolution...

[/ QUOTE ]
Anyone able to read this without laughing?

Tosh
12-04-2004, 04:22 PM
I'll probably get bored before I get to 2BB too. If it makes you feel better Chris, its easier to get a higher win rate at 15/30 full than 5/10 full. My problem for the last month is being totally broke. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

chesspain
12-04-2004, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
New Hampshire will be the first state up against the wall.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love it when you talk dirty.

JimRivett
12-04-2004, 04:31 PM
Not another Phych Major!

Rest assured, I'm not concerned about how many posts you, or anyone else has, and I'm also not concerned, jealous or envious that you and some of the other posters e-mail each other and/or get together.

Believe me I have my own social circle and I'm a happy, successful person who a life and a career outside of poker.

I do however see a trend whereby you and some other posters see fit to unduly critize some of the newer posters who post something you feel is not relevent to this forum. It may be nice to either tone down the sarcasism or ignore the post.

Jim

btw I pretty much done with this.

bisonbison
12-04-2004, 04:39 PM
Not another Phych Major!

Nope, English and History.

Rest assured, I'm not concerned about how many posts you, or anyone else has, and I'm also not concerned, jealous or envious that you and some of the other posters e-mail each other and/or get together.

I'm resting assured.

Believe me I have my own social circle and I'm a happy, successful person who a life and a career outside of poker.

I do believe you.

I do however see a trend whereby you and some other posters see fit to unduly critize some of the newer posters who post something you feel is not relevent to this forum.

I do what I can.

It may be nice to either tone down the sarcasism or ignore the post.

I have found being nice to new posters who don't bother thinking before posting to be counterproductive. We're all adults here. I trust that people can handle a little scorn from some guy over the internets.

btw I pretty much done with this.

keep me up to date.

Evan
12-04-2004, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We're all adults here

[/ QUOTE ]
Best compliment I've gotten all week.

bisonbison
12-04-2004, 04:45 PM
Best compliment I've gotten all week.

Well, we are. Sure, I'm 27 and GoT is 22 and you're what, 20 going on 12, and Kurn, Son of Mogh is apparently in his mid to late seventies, but we're all adults.

Evan
12-04-2004, 04:47 PM
I'm 19. I'm pretty sure GoT is only 20. But hey, at least you got yours right, betting .333 isn't bad.

uw_madtown
12-04-2004, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

I won't defend the post like the others by saying that CDC is a valued poster (although bison's description of him was both endearing and hilarious). I'll defend it on two conditions:

1) The "No Content" label
2) The fact that, IMO, it was pretty clearly a parody post of the other "I'm on a downswing" posts. CDC may be on a downswing, and he may need a hug (I'll leave that to wifey bison), but the entire tone of the first post reeks of hilarious sarcasm.

So while you're certainly welcome to criticize the SS Clique for being overly sarcastic, as others have, I don't really see the point of crying hypocrisy here, since this isn't a true bad beat/downswing post. I mean, he didn't even post numbers! HE DIDN'T POST NUMBERS! *sob*

Now if bison posts a PT post next week, then rage on.

Of course, I'm pretty sure bison keeps track of his poker stats with an abacus.