PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Line from Full Metal Jacket

Rooster71
12-04-2004, 05:07 AM
I just realized that it has been a really long time since I've watched Full Metal Jacket. That's one of my top favorite all time movies. So full of good quotes. Here's my favorite: "It looks like the best part of you ran down the crack of your momma's ass and wound up as a brown stain on the bedsheet."

Please post your favorite FMJ quote.

JinX11
12-04-2004, 05:16 AM
"Me so horny. Me love you long time."

plaster8
12-04-2004, 06:14 AM
This probably doesn't even count as a line, but one of my favorite scenes is when Matthew Modine and some other guy get a camera stolen, and the thief does a bunch of martial arts moves before he hops on the getaway motorcycle. Then Modine screams and jumps up and down doing his own idiotic "martial arts" moves.

mmcd
12-04-2004, 06:21 AM
"How can you shoot women and children?"

"Easy, just don't lead them so much."

Boris
12-04-2004, 06:35 AM
"Texas?! Only steers and queers come from Texas, and you ain't got no horns!"

Dynasty
12-04-2004, 06:41 AM
The first 50 minutes of this movie may be the funniest in film history. R. Lee Ermey was hillarious as Gunnery Sgt. Hartman.

Some of the best lines were:

"You seem like the type of guy that would f*** a guy in the ass and not have the common courtesty to give him a reach-around."

"You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece."

"Are you quitting on me? Well, are you? Then quit, you slimy f****** walrus-looking piece of sh**. Get the f*** off my obstacle. Get the f*** down of my obstacle. Now. I'm going to rip your balls off so you can not contaminate the rest of the world. I will motivate you, Private Pyle, if it short-dicks every cannibal in the Congo."

john smith
12-04-2004, 06:59 AM
"How tall are you? Five foot nine? I didn't know they stack [censored] that high!"

Lazymeatball
12-04-2004, 10:19 AM
Alabama blacksnake

Slacker13
12-04-2004, 12:01 PM
That's one of my favorite lines too.

maryfield48
12-04-2004, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ding ding ding!!

maryfield48
12-04-2004, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This probably doesn't even count as a line, but one of my favorite scenes is when Matthew Modine and some other guy get a camera stolen, and the thief does a bunch of martial arts moves before he hops on the getaway motorcycle. Then Modine screams and jumps up and down doing his own idiotic "martial arts" moves.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were right. It doesn't count as a line.

Jezebel
12-04-2004, 02:12 PM
"Your days of finger banging Mary Jane Rotten Crotch through her pretty pink panties are over!!"

"You can give your heart to Jesus, but your ass belongs to the corp"

Bump-en-Stein
12-04-2004, 02:27 PM
Never seen it.

Rooster71
12-04-2004, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Dammit, I forgot about that one. That's my favorite.

Rooster71
12-04-2004, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The first 50 minutes of this movie may be the funniest in film history. R. Lee Ermey was hillarious as Gunnery Sgt. Hartman.

Some of the best lines were:

"You seem like the type of guy that would f*** a guy in the ass and not have the common courtesty to give him a reach-around."

"You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece."

"Are you quitting on me? Well, are you? Then quit, you slimy f****** walrus-looking piece of sh**. Get the f*** off my obstacle. Get the f*** down of my obstacle. Now. I'm going to rip your balls off so you can not contaminate the rest of the world. I will motivate you, Private Pyle, if it short-dicks every cannibal in the Congo."

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't forget "your ass looks like 150 pounds of chewed bubble gum".

KungFuSandwich
12-04-2004, 04:13 PM
Im sure most of you have seen this but those that havent will be making some phone calls tonight (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/jacket1.html) /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Daliman
12-04-2004, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So wrong, yet SUCH a great line.

benfranklin
12-04-2004, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I read an interview with Ermey, who was a Marine Drill Instructor before he retired and later went into show biz. For much of that dialogue, Ermey would go into his old DI routines on the set, and then he and the writers and the director would sit down and turn what he had just said into a script. Ermey said that one of the characteristics of a great DI is being a great stand-up comedian.

A_C_Slater
12-04-2004, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

American writer Michael Herr was a Vietnam war correspondent who ended up writing the screenplay for Full Metal Jacket and he co wrote the Apocalypse now screenplay.
Most of the screenplay material for both movies were from actual conversation and experiences in his book 'Dispatches'
The women and children line is one of them.

Here's a great passage from that book:

Two hundred meters away, facing the Marine trenches, there was a NVA sniper with .50 caliber machine gun who shot at the Marines from a tiny spider hole. During the day he fired at anything that rose above the sandbags, and at night he fired at any lights he could see.

You could see him clearly in the trench, and if you were looking through the scope of a Marine's sniper rifle you could even see his face. The Marines fired on his position with mortars and recoiless rifles, and he would drop into his hole and wait.

Gunships fired rockets at him, and when they were through he would come up again and fire. Finally, napalm was called in, and for ten minutes the air above the spider hole was black and orange from the strike, while the ground around it was galvanized clean of every living thing.

When all of it cleared, the sniper popped up and fired off a single round, and the Marines in the trenches cheered. They called him Luke the Gook, and after that no one wanted anything to happen to him.

Slacker13
12-04-2004, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Texas?! Only steers and queers come from Texas, and you ain't got no horns!"

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that was from Officer and a Gentleman.

Slacker13
12-04-2004, 05:59 PM
I have heard those before. The Joe Pesci call from goodfellas was the best. Funny stuff.

Rooster71
12-04-2004, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

American writer Michael Herr was a Vietnam war correspondent who ended up writing the screenplay for Full Metal Jacket and he co wrote the Apocalypse now screenplay.
Most of the screenplay material for both movies were from actual conversation and experiences in his book 'Dispatches'
The women and children line is one of them.

Here's a great passage from that book:

Two hundred meters away, facing the Marine trenches, there was a NVA sniper with .50 caliber machine gun who shot at the Marines from a tiny spider hole. During the day he fired at anything that rose above the sandbags, and at night he fired at any lights he could see.

You could see him clearly in the trench, and if you were looking through the scope of a Marine's sniper rifle you could even see his face. The Marines fired on his position with mortars and recoiless rifles, and he would drop into his hole and wait.

Gunships fired rockets at him, and when they were through he would come up again and fire. Finally, napalm was called in, and for ten minutes the air above the spider hole was black and orange from the strike, while the ground around it was galvanized clean of every living thing.

When all of it cleared, the sniper popped up and fired off a single round, and the Marines in the trenches cheered. They called him Luke the Gook, and after that no one wanted anything to happen to him.

[/ QUOTE ]
I could be wrong, but I thought the movie had some sort of loose basis on a book named "The Short Timers" (or something like that).

A_C_Slater
12-04-2004, 06:09 PM
Check out Full metal jacket in Yahoo movies search engine. You will see that Michael Herr wrote the screenplay. Same thing with Apocalypse now.

benfranklin
12-04-2004, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I could be wrong, but I thought the movie had some sort of loose basis on a book named "The Short Timers" (or something like that).

[/ QUOTE ]

The movie is base on that novel. The author, Gustav Hasford, has a writing credit, as do Michael Herr and Stanley Kubrick. FMJ (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093058/fullcredits#writers)

benfranklin
12-04-2004, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The perfect Xmas gift for you Ermey fans: Ermey (http://www.givemetoys.com/product/SS_ERMEY_XTRA_SALTY?meta=a07a)

JinX11
12-04-2004, 07:25 PM
Well, the interesting thing is that the people making the movie orignally brought Ermey in as a consultant to help out with the actor who was cast in the role of Drill Instructor. The director was so impressed with him as a consultant that they decided to give him the role instead.

A_C_Slater
12-04-2004, 07:33 PM
Ermey probably harangued and intimidated the actor they had casted to be the drill instructor so brutally that he ended up crying and quiting after Ermey kept relentlessly referring to him as "that queer."

theBruiser500
12-04-2004, 07:48 PM
"The first 50 minutes of this movie may be the funniest in film history. R. Lee Ermey was hillarious as Gunnery Sgt. Hartman."

I agree. "You climb obstacles like old people [censored]."

snakehead
12-04-2004, 09:28 PM
inside every commie, there's an american trying to get out.

woodguy
12-04-2004, 09:59 PM
Christmas time

[ QUOTE ]
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Jesus,
Happy Birthday to you.

"Today is Christmas. There will be a magic
show at 0930 and the Chaplain expects everyone
there except Jews and atheists..."

[/ QUOTE ]

woodguy
12-04-2004, 10:02 PM
=================

FULL METAL JACKET

=================

A
Screenplay
by
Stanley Kubrick
and
Michael Herr

Based on the novel
THE SHORT-TIMERS
by
Gustav Hasford

Boris
12-04-2004, 10:04 PM
For real?

I must be losing my mind.

CCass
12-04-2004, 11:13 PM
Oh that's right, Private Pyle, don't make any [censored] effort to get to the top of the [censored] obstacle. If God would have wanted you up there he would have miracled your ass up there by now, wouldn't he?

benfranklin
12-04-2004, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For real?

I must be losing my mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

The steers and queers line was in both movies. Apparently part of basic training for drill instructors everywhere.

Boris
12-05-2004, 12:07 AM
Well there must be a reason for the stereotype.

Chah Ngo
12-05-2004, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh that's right, Private Pyle, don't make any [censored] effort to get to the top of the [censored] obstacle. If God would have wanted you up there he would have miracled your ass up there by now, wouldn't he?

[/ QUOTE ]
winner!

A_C_Slater
12-05-2004, 03:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
winner!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. My only complaint is that he neglected to put the word "miracled" in italics, thereby depriving it of it's proper intonation.

youtalkfunny
12-05-2004, 03:18 AM
HONORABLE MENTION: None of you dumbasses knows. (the contempt in his voice puts this one on the list.)

10. Private Joker, are you trying to OFFEND me?

9. Do you feel dizzy? Do you feel faint?

8. What is that? What the fcuk is that? WHAT IS THAT Pvt Pyle???

7. And the way I see it, ladies, YOU owe ME for ONE jelly DOUGHNUT.

(7-10 illustrate Ermey "singing" his dialogue. The guy who played Col Klink in "Auto Focus" said, "You know, Klemporer basically SANG that role." I feel the same way about Ermey here.)

6. I'm asking the fukcing questions around here! (I love to use this one when somebody answers my question with a question.)

5. Sir what? Were you about to call me an azzhole?

TIE FOR 3: Did your parents have any children that lived? Well I bet they regret that!

TIE FOR 3: You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece!

(Because they're delivered back-to-back, you can't separate them. It's a draw.)

2. Private Pyle, you had best square your azz away and start sihtting me Tiffany cuff links, or I will definitely fcuk you up!

And the Number One line from FMJ:

1. Disappear, scumbag!

Rooster71
12-05-2004, 03:35 AM
Here's another gem: "I ought to rip your balls off so you cannot contaminate the rest of the world."

PoBoy321
12-06-2004, 05:07 AM
"If they run, they're VC. If they don't run, they're well-trained VC."

James Boston
12-09-2004, 10:13 AM
Q: "Is that you John Wayne? Is that me?"
Response: "Who said that? Who the f**k said that?" Who's the slimey little s**t, communist, twinkle-toed, c**k sucker down here who just signed his own death warrant? Nobody huh? The fairy f**king godmother said it."

"That's right Private Pyle, don't put forth any f**king effort to get over the obstacle. After all, if God wanted you up there, he'd have miracled your azz up there by now. Wouldn't he? I bet bet you if there was some p***y up there you could make it."

PokerNoob
12-09-2004, 10:38 AM
You little scumbag! I got your name, I got your ass! You will not laugh, you will not cry, you will learn by the numbers I will teach you. Now get up, get on your feet! You had best un-[censored] yourself or I will unscrew your head and [censored] down your neck!

jakethebake
12-09-2004, 10:38 AM
[quoteI read an interview with Ermey, who was a Marine Drill Instructor before he retired and later went into show biz. For much of that dialogue, Ermey would go into his old DI routines on the set, and then he and the writers and the director would sit down and turn what he had just said into a script. Ermey said that one of the characteristics of a great DI is being a great stand-up comedian.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was actually a Marine Combat Correspondent from 1987-92 & oddly enough this was the last movie I saw as a civilian before shipping to boot camp. I had a couple of opportunities to meet Ermey while I was in and he's a great guy. He still loves to hang out with the young Marines too. We had quite a few beers one night at the enlisted club in San Diego. A guy I trained is still in and stationed in Okinawa right now. He sent me a picture he took with Ermey at their Marine Corps Ball just last month where Ermey was the guest of honor.

jakethebake
12-09-2004, 10:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ermey probably harangued and intimidated the actor they had casted to be the drill instructor so brutally that he ended up crying and quiting after Ermey kept relentlessly referring to him as "that queer."

[/ QUOTE ]
When I was a Marine Combat Correspondent, I had the opportunity to give Benjamin Bratt a tour around the Marine Corps Recruit Depot as part of his "research" for a part he was going to play in some movie (Blood In Blood Out?). Anyway, without telling him what was going to happen, I took him to receiving barracks and told him to stand on the yellow footprints. That is the first place the new recruits stand when they get off the bus from home. I then waved at the DI inside to come out and introduce the new "recruit" to the Marine Corps. That DI verbally tore him up one side and down the other for about five minutes. Benjamin Bratt scared to death. He was actually shaking. Those DI's just know how to instill fear. It was so funny. Afterwards Bratt was very nice. He said thanks and it would really help him get in character. That was in like 1989 or 1990, but I'd bet anything he still remembers it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

goofball
12-20-2004, 02:23 AM
i simply cannot believe this line hasn't come up yet

I don't know but I've been told
eskimo pussy is mighty cold