PDA

View Full Version : 46s. I played this so loose. River value bet???

Grease
12-04-2004, 04:57 AM
Yeah, I know that a lot of this was debatable, which is why it's being posted. Feel free to rip into me at any street, I really want to know what you guys think of this. Thanks for the imput.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (11.33 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.66 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

River: (8.66 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, UTG+2 folds.

Final Pot: 10.66 BB

Nick C
12-04-2004, 11:17 AM
Preflop: Was the table very loose and passive? I would fold regardless.

Flop: I think the bet is good. Hopefully, CO will raise with overcards and no one has a flush draw (which would likely contain overcard outs to your pair in addition to the draw).

Turn: I guess you could bet again, but I don't think I would, because I'd be worried CO had an overpair (though he might just call with that, fearing the flush), and I'd wonder what UTG+2 called two on the flop with.

I think I'd check, figuring if CO bets and UTG+2 checkraises, I've found out what I needed to know for free.

River: I don't know that I'd call this a value bet. It seems to me you're hoping to get a better hand to fold more than you're hoping to get a worse hand to call.

I'd probably check the river, planning to call (but not overcall) a bet from CO.

I'm not really sure what the best play is on the river, though.

Noodles
12-04-2004, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop: I think the bet is good. Hopefully, CO will raise with overcards and no one has a flush draw (which would likely contain overcard outs to your pair in addition to the draw).

[/ QUOTE ]

ok i didnt read properly missed that CO raised pf.
hmm i still dont like flop bet on a board like this.
i dont think river bet is value either.what lower hands call?

spydog
12-04-2004, 02:16 PM
Preflop: Hummm...I can deal with a call here. With 3 callers already, it looks like the flop could go 6-way or more. If this is a bad call, it's not bad by much.

Flop: I like the bet here with the PFR on your left. Let him clear the field with a raise. I think I would love this bet if the flop was completely rainbow.

Turn: Check is good. Not sure how to play this if CO bets? Probably fold, especially if UTG+2 calls. Fold if UTG+2 raises. Probably call if UTG+2 folds.

River: I think I would check-call here. Maybe CO would call with A high, but I still check it.

SamIAm
12-04-2004, 02:35 PM
The preflop call seems pretty loose. I definitely would have thrown it away.

The flop bet's ok, but with the aggressor raising preflop and then raising on the flop, I'd turn off my own aggression. Call his flop bet, but I'd fold at any point after that, especially when the jack falls on 4th.

I wouldn't have bet the river at all, but maybe that's just me.
-Sam