PDA

View Full Version : I botched this badly, I think.

CinnamonWind
12-04-2004, 04:17 AM
I'll post the results in a bit, but the line is just horrible, I think. Clearly I'm a bit too aggressive on Friday nights. MP1 is a total moron LAG though, so ... anyways on to the carnage:

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Flop: (5.33 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls.

Turn: (6.66 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (14.66 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 22.66 BB

J.R.
12-04-2004, 04:45 AM
I doubt your flop play is correct. Even against the laggiest of morons I don't think the flop cap does much for you, as there isn't likely much intiative to be gained against the type of guy who 3-bets a worse hand on this flop that will allow you to exploit your positional advantage on the turn. If they are nuts enough I could see raising a turn card T or below or calling down otherwise. Calling the 3-bet on the flop takes a special foe. If calling the flop 3-bet was right so was the turn play, and the river is probably fine too.

CinnamonWind
12-04-2004, 04:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I doubt your flop play is correct. Even against the laggiest of morons I don't think the flop cap does much for you, as there isn't likely much intiative to be gained against the type of guy who 3-bets a worse hand on this flop that will allow you to exploit your positional advantage on the turn. If they are nuts enough I could see raising a turn card T or below or calling down otherwise. Calling the 3-bet on the flop takes a special foe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I am so ashamed. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Grease
12-04-2004, 05:03 AM
Other than the horrendous flop, it looks good.