PDA

View Full Version : KJs vs LAG and TAG

helpmeout
12-04-2004, 03:53 AM
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP folds, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (20 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 23 BB

I'm trying to be a bit more aggressive but I think I should have check/called the turn. Flop 3bet was good right?

The river call was pretty dumb as well.

SB was LAG UTG was semiTAG obviously not too flash with the UTG limp though.

Jeff W
12-04-2004, 04:05 AM
I dislike your post flop line in this hand. Maybe you can explain your reasoning to me.

Preflop: Fine raise.

Flop: Betting is reckless on this board with. You're not ahead and you'll win this hand almost as often against a large field as you will a small field. I would not 3-bet, but it's close. Do you think you have 1/3 showdown equity or believe this bet gives you better implied odds?

Turn: I hate this turn bet. What does it accomplish? You definitely are not getting the best of it on every bet you put in.

River: SB might be a lag, but he's not check/3-betting the field in a protected pot that was capped on the flop without being able to beat kings. I'm positive you have the 3rd best hand. I wouldn't call if there were 60 BB in the pot.

Being more aggressive is a worthy goal, but be careful not to be mindlessly aggressive. I think you crossed the line in this hand.

spydog
12-04-2004, 05:23 AM
I think the flop play is fine. I think your 4-flush and gutbuster provide enough outs for your betting to be for value, even discounting the possibility of a full house.

The turn is bad. SB coldcalling twice on the flop indicated a slowplayed Q or Ax. Doubtful he is on the diamond draw because the top 4 diamonds are accounted for. UTG would only play a Q or A this way on the flop, so he is ahead of you. So leading the flop either has to be for value or as a semibluff, hoping they will fold. Neither are true here, so you should just check-call.

River is a fold every time. The pot is huge, but the action on this hand means there is a .00001% chance you are ahead.

Danenania
12-04-2004, 10:41 AM
Preflop and flop are fine. Turn should be a check/call. River should be a fold. This hand doesn't really have much to do with aggression, just equity and odds and a little discipline on the river.