PDA

View Full Version : Funny hand from my homegame

phixxx
12-04-2004, 01:45 AM
Well, I just finished my homegame for the week, and a really really funny hand just came up. .25/.50 NL.

A very new player (one of the three that came tonight) was playing in seat 8, a seasoned player who plays every week in seat 2. We were playing 6 handed, so it's folded to seat 8 who's in the CO and raises it 3xBB Seat 4, the BB, calls. Two to the flop. The flop comes down Th 8h Ts. The BB checks, new player bets .50 and the solid player calls. The turn is an 8c. This time, the new player bets the pot, and with a confused look the solid player calls again. The river is a Jh. The new player bets about half his stack, and is reraised all in by the solid player. He calls in an instant, proudly flipping over his 3h 3d. The entire table started laughing as my buddy flips up Qh 9h for the straight flush.

It took about 5 minutes to explain why his treys didn't play on the board of J T T 8 8.

Oh well, he ended up losing his money and leaving pretty happy. He said he'd be back at least /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yawkey
12-04-2004, 03:07 AM
Wow, now my question is, did the seasoned player have a good read on the new guy or was he not paying attention to the two pair on the board? I would almost have to assume the guy had an 8 unless I noticed something. If that were the case there was only one card that could save him, which he hit(so it's sort of moot point, along with the new guy having 3's and not an 8). Interesting hand though.

phixxx
12-04-2004, 04:17 AM
Yeah, he made a really really loose play. However, this guy was raising EVERY hand, after I convinced him he should never fold until he knew what cards were coming on the flop. Who knows, you could flop a boat...

lol.