PDA

View Full Version : Horrible KK fold against aggro nemesis?

BigBaitsim (milo)
12-04-2004, 12:59 AM
Nemesis in this hand is aggro (and has earned himself a little money bag). I've got 600 hands on him with V$IP - 19, PFR - 11, AF - 3.3.

Pretty awful fold, right? I realized after this hand that I was playing way weak, mostly because of stuff unrelated to poker and logged off an orbit or two later.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (17.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds...

nepenthe
12-04-2004, 01:03 AM
I would sometimes raise the turn here against certain opponents. I would sometimes raise the flop. I would sometimes fold the turn like you did. Did he have QQ?

BigBaitsim (milo)
12-04-2004, 10:23 AM
Bison posts a crude sketch of me and Mrs. Milo and it gets like a zillion responses, but this post gets one?

chesspain
12-04-2004, 10:44 AM
Milo,

You say that the player who raised UTG and caps is a TAG. Furthermore, he bets into you on an AJx flop, and you still have two players behind you who called three cold each preflop.

It's too early for me to do the math, but the TAG is much more likely to have a better hand (AK/AQs/AA/JJ) than not (QQ...??..KQs/TT?). I guess that you could raise the flop, and see if you can shake loose either of the coldcallers behind you. I dislike calling on the flop, except for the fact that you pretty much have set odds to peel one off.

Given that all three players are hanging through the flop, I don't see anything wrong with folding the turn.

wuarhg
12-04-2004, 10:49 AM
the Clock says it's a good fold.

wuarhg
12-04-2004, 10:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's too early for me to do the math, but the TAG is much more likely to have a better hand (AK/AQs/AA/JJ) than not (QQ...??..KQs/TT?).

[/ QUOTE ]

AK 6 ways, AQs 3 ways(since A/images/graemlins/club.gif is out), AA 3 ways, JJ 3 ways
UTG seems pretty sane so what can he cap with that you don't beat here? QQ only in my opinion.

so QQ 6 ways. Probability of that he has you beat 15 to 6, 2.6 to 1. Or is it 1 to 2.6? I think it's 2.6 to 1. If you don't think he caps with AQs it's more like 12 to 6, 2 to 1. Did I get all these "calculations" correct?

BigBaitsim (milo)
12-04-2004, 11:14 AM
I questioned the fold given the way the hand played out. Looks like it was a good fold (and I learned something about a player I see a lot).

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (17.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds, MP3 calls, Button folds.

River: (12.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

UTG checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB
UTG has Qc Jc (one pair, jacks).
MP3 has Tc Kh (high card, ace).

Outcome: UTG wins 12.75 BB.

wuarhg
12-04-2004, 11:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
UTG has Qc Jc (one pair, jacks).

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, note on him!