PDA

View Full Version : Best place for < 0.5/1?

stereth
12-03-2004, 10:30 PM
I'm looking for a good site to play some nano-limit and nano-NL games. I've played at Pacific, Party, and PokerNow for an affiliate deal. I also have the software for PokerStars and Absolute. I've been playing .5/1 at Party but I think I need to drop down to work some things out and work with a small bankroll. Any suggestions? I'm looking for a good number of people playing and better software than Pacific.

Also, which sites will give you money to play with if you open a real money account and leave it for a while? I thought I'd heard of Empire and/or UB doing this, but I can't find the threads. Thanks.

rickw
12-03-2004, 11:13 PM
Sounds like you had a similar experience to me. I lost some money at Party .5/1 and then decided I was in over my head. I joined both UB and Pokerstars, which both have lower limit games. UB gave me a little deposit bonus on signup. Pokerstars runs a deposit bonus from time to time but they are much harder to earn than on Party.

Dropping down was useful. I was able to experiment with less money at stake and work some things out.

I have found the play at .25/.5 Pokerstars to be much tighter than at party .5/1. The low limit games at UB seemed to me to be a little looser than at Pokerstars. However, I personally don't like the table graphics at UB very much.

Also, UB has $1 sng tournaments. The blinds don't move up as quickly as they do at Party, so you get a ton of NL poker in for your buck.

After about 4500 hands (win rate of 6BB/100) at Pokerstars .25/.5, I decided I was ready to try Party again, and my game is much improved (although I'll be at .5/1 for a while).

Make sure while you are doing all this that you read a book (SSHE is the one I read) and get pokertracker so you can review your own play.

Good luck!

challen
12-04-2004, 12:13 AM
You could try 7 Sultans poker (www.7sultanspoker.com). They offer both limit and no limit from .05/.10 and up. They also give a free $10 to new users, no deposit required...although it takes about 5 days from sign-up to get it (they tell you 24 hours, but it took me a week). I believe they also match 40% of your first deposit, up to $160. I suppose if you don't mind the clunky software, it's a decent place to learn the game.

Mangatang
12-04-2004, 12:59 AM
Paradise has .02/.04, .05/.10, .10/.20, .25/.50. They also have great software, and the best customer support of any site I've found.

But, I still prefer Pacific, for the incredibly weak players.

AncientPC
12-04-2004, 01:29 AM
Pacific has the best nanolimit limit play, but Paradise offers nanolimit NL play as well.

Greg J
12-04-2004, 01:38 AM
Been there - done that. Trust me on this: Paradise.

Beavis68
12-04-2004, 01:50 AM
Pokerstars, Doylesroom and pokerchamps I would take doylesroom.