PDA

View Full Version : Bad slowplay?

RunDownHouse
12-03-2004, 08:57 PM
I rarely slowplay, but there were a couple reasons for it here. The pot wasn't all that big, and the button was very aggressive. If he'd hit TP on the flop, or maybe even MP, I would have seen a raise. Therefore I thought both my opponents were drawing dead on the turn and welcomed any and all overcalls. The raise by BB on the river surprised me, and I thought a long while about 3betting before I just called.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, MP calls, CO folds, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls, Button folds.

Turn: (3.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 10.50 BB, between Hero and BB.</font>

joker122
12-03-2004, 09:09 PM
checking the turn is fine but you need to raise that bet. check calling sucks really, really bad.

vmacosta
12-04-2004, 02:13 AM
I agree. The pot became big on the turn and with multiple likely draws out there, you need to start maximizing profit and protecting your hand now!

helpmeout
12-04-2004, 02:37 AM
Why do you want to check the turn? you want someone to raise your likely pair of Js when they hit a queen allowing you to 3bet.