PDA

View Full Version : Do the cards speak or does the player speak?

rdubya
12-03-2004, 08:49 PM
After the end of all betting, a player says he has 2 pair,he shows his cards and has a house but didn't know.

The other player has trips,says he has trips, and shows the trips.

who wins?

AngryCola
12-03-2004, 08:56 PM
It depends on where you are playing. The rules at most cardrooms state that the cards speak.

slavic
12-03-2004, 11:22 PM
In almost all cases cards speak. The exceptions that I have seen are if a player overcalls his hand. So saying "I have a straight." to see if the other player will just muck. Or there seems to be a rule at the commerce were if you admit defeat before mucking and the person behind you mucks their cards, you lose no matter what.

Photoc
12-04-2004, 06:54 AM
So if someone says trips and shows trips, can I just say Straight flush, but show 2 pair and win? Come on now. The cards are the only thing you can go by. If someone is dumb enough to throw away a hand just because of what someone says they have...they really dont belong in a poker room. As far as I know, there is no lieing allowed in a poker room.

Swampy
12-04-2004, 08:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
As far as I know, there is no lieing allowed in a poker room.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh Geez, you just made me spray my morning coffee through my nose and all over my monitor ... One of the funniest things I ever read about this game.