brokeroad folds.
Mikey_Dash folds.
jasonshorr folds.
PDohertyOU calls (680)
PDohertyOU is all-In.
willyw1 calls (820)
willyw1 is all-In.

It was early stages with blinds 15/30.
I was wondering if the all-in was the right play that time with the QQ?

Poker Junkie
12-03-2004, 08:48 PM
It depends on your reads of the other players. It seems very early to be going all-in with QQ. Your post indicates that you are last to act which is advantageous, but the second player calling more than 3XBB raise PF would make me nervous going all-in this early with QQ. How did it work out?

Poker Junkie

(my name it is) Sam Hall
12-03-2004, 09:37 PM
You're out of position to make this raise. I think you have a calling hand, or if you feel aggressive, maybe another 100 re-raise. There are too many people left behind you, and your all-in will probably drive out everyone except those with a good chance to beat you. If willy is playing AA, you have a chance to fold to his big re-raise (which I assume he would only do with a super-premium hand against a raise and a call/re-raise)

I'm more of "best worst-case scenario" player, so I'd say all-in was a bad play at this point, unless you have reason to believe the bettor is way too wild. Unless you can with maybe 80% surety put them on a much worse hand than yours, just call and then check/fold if an overcard flops.

The worst-case for the all-in is very bad. You're up against AA or KK from PDoherty or (more likely) willy and lose a big pile of chips. Folding avoids all that mess and you just make the chips up later with a well-timed steal if you have to.

To say with a high degree of certainty that PDoherty is playing a hand you can beat means he has to be almost insanely wild, and even those players are dealt AA just as often as you are. Having willy there only makes things worse because even if he playing garbage, that's one more player who can suck out on you.

How did it turn out? I'm guessing (probably dead wrong) PDoherty had AK, AQs or KQs, and willy beat you both with AA or KK... unless you hit a set /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Sam

CardMinger
12-03-2004, 10:42 PM
Sam,
You were dead right about Pdoherty having AK and willy with AA. I did hit my set and took down the pot. I was playing a 10+1 SnG on Party and didn't think too much of the call but seems like reading your post makes me think a lot differently now.
Thank You,
Kevin

ChrisV
12-04-2004, 02:18 AM
I agree with most of this but folding is way too extreme. You should call instead and trust your postflop decision making.