PDA

View Full Version : Bluff catch or easy fold? Party 30+3

Jman28
12-03-2004, 07:42 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG (t335)
MP (t1930)
Button (t3120)
<font color="C00000">Hero (t1545)</font>
<font color="C00000">BB (t1070)</font>

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t225</font>, BB calls t125.

Flop: (t450) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets t845 (All-In)</font>, Hero ...

Ianco15
12-03-2004, 08:26 PM
It depends on your read on the player, but I think its an easy fold. It seems like a move someone would make with a king.

jaydoggie
12-04-2004, 07:37 AM
i definately wouldnt smell Q, but it could be a weak K, JT, T9, J9, or any hand that has a gutshot. you might have the best hand if the hand were to end right now, but he's probably has atleast ten outs.

i usually let him have it. try again next round.

Crosby
12-04-2004, 09:44 AM
I fail to see how this can ever be anything other than an extremely easy fold.

AlwaysWrong
12-04-2004, 11:32 AM
Because he has the best hand the majority of the time here?

Problem is you're either a little ahead or way behind, I don't think you can make the call.

zephyr
12-04-2004, 01:24 PM
Fold, if you're going to put all of your chips in on this hand you need to be the first one in. I don't much care for your preflop play. What are you trying to accomplish with your raise here?

Zephyr

rjb03
12-04-2004, 01:53 PM
Can you even beat a bluff? Any ace splits or dominates and any pair has you drawing.

Jman28
12-04-2004, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold, if you're going to put all of your chips in on this hand you need to be the first one in. I don't much care for your preflop play. What are you trying to accomplish with your raise here?

Zephyr

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to let a weakish hand fold. Too early to push as he's got 11+ BB.

ilya
12-04-2004, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Zephyr

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing that zephyr is wondering why you didn't raise more, since you don't really want a call with your A2s.
(?)

zephyr
12-04-2004, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your raise should give him poor enough odds such that he'll fold a wide range of hands. Your raise also needs to take away his FE preflop. You're raise should convey the messages, "it'll cost you to call", and "push and I'll call ya".

Jman28
12-05-2004, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your raise should give him poor enough odds such that he'll fold a wide range of hands. Your raise also needs to take away his FE preflop. You're raise should convey the messages, "it'll cost you to call", and "push and I'll call ya".

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is, I don't think I'd have called a push reraise.. If I had raised more, I may have been forced to by pot odds, so I wasn't prepared to take away his FE by risking more chips.

I honestly feel that against weaker players in the 30+3 game, a raise to 225 has nearly the same FE as a raise of 300, making it a better play oddswise.