PDA

View Full Version : fulltiltpoker.com?

IndyCar Dude
12-03-2004, 06:05 PM
I noticed on fulltiltpoker.com that they're offering a 100% sign-up bonus up to $600...I'm thinking of whoring myself to them for awhile to get the bonus. I was just curious to see what people here thought about the site?

Thanks!

AncientPC
12-03-2004, 06:10 PM
Seriously, search the forum.

The short story is the "bonus" is less than any sort of rakeback you'd get from any other site.

IndyCar Dude
12-03-2004, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, search the forum.

The short story is the "bonus" is less than any sort of rakeback you'd get from any other site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I tried to do a search but didn't come up with anything.

I've already signed up at Party Poker before knowing what a rake return was, and since it's my favorite sight, I'm kind of out of luck there I suppose.

So the $600 new player bonus isn't worth it? Anyone else?

jrobb83
12-03-2004, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

So the $600 new player bonus isn't worth it? Anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

I recently made a run at it and only got halfway through before cashing out. I was earning it at a decent rate playing 8/16 and 5/10 limit, but got tired of the often rockish games and poor availability. Earning it at limits lower than 5/10 would go incredibly slowly.

Party has many skins that you can sign up for a rake rebate on. Go to the classifieds section on the upper lefthand corner of this page to check out the offers. Empire, Intertops, Eurobet/Coral, Multi, and PokerNow are the Party skins.

Overdrive
12-03-2004, 06:53 PM
I actually kind of like Full Tilt's layout and software - but unfortunately they do not like to be good to their players at Full Tilt. Their full ring games have nine handed tables which is not good. Their sign up bonus is really a joke and an insult. It is almost impossible to get.

Listen, just about every poker player who plays online knows about Full Tilt and has known about it for months now - but yet Full Tilt still has very little traffic - that should tell you something. Most players are just saying no to Full Tilt.

IndyCar Dude
12-03-2004, 06:55 PM
Thanks for your help guys. I didn't realize how clueless I was. I never new what "skin" meant...now I see there are lots of opportunities to rake in (no pun intended...haha) by playing on party skins.

I'll definitely be looking at those rake return offers in the classifieds.

Thanks so much! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

steamboatin
12-03-2004, 07:03 PM
You would die of old age before you collected $600 in bonus if you play low limits.

VinnyTheFish
12-03-2004, 07:10 PM
It will take a long time to clear.

This kills me to write since you see all the support and inter-workings of the top respected pro's.

It just drove me nuts!

playersare
12-03-2004, 07:28 PM
yes the 100% bonus sounds generous but the fine print is that you can only receive it in $20 increments at a time. and once you start playing, you'll realize that it takes forever to get enough points to even earn the first $20, even if you regularly play $1/2 or $2/4 limits (which most sites would eagerly and fairly reward you for).

also, they don't have a lot of people playing there in general - usually just 2-3 filled tables per denomination at any time. the software isn't particularly great, with slow card animation and odd looking avatars. if you browse the archives of this and other poker boards, you'll probably read about server hiccups and whatnot - I didn't experience any personally, though one time I remember I couldn't even log in to begin with. gameplay speed is slightly below average - the HPH rate may seem the same as other sites but keep in mind that it's only 9 people per table on full tilt instead of 10.

long story short, I made it to about $8 into the first $20 bonus before I gave up hope. won't be going back there anytime soon.

steamboatin
12-03-2004, 08:11 PM
I miss being able to make my avatar have a happy face but everything else sucked.

AncientPC
12-03-2004, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yes the 100% bonus sounds generous but the fine print is that you can only receive it in $20 increments at a time. and once you start playing, you'll realize that it takes forever to get enough points to even earn the first $20, even if you regularly play $1/2 or $2/4 limits (which most sites would eagerly and fairly reward you for).

[/ QUOTE ]

20%, not $20. So the more you deposit the longer it takes to clear that first 1/5 of the bonus.

Beavis68
12-03-2004, 09:47 PM
horriblly slow to clear and horribly tight players even at the micro limits.

the puppy avatar is the best, the white one. Watching him go through all the emotions is great, especially the happy to angry, I could watch that for hours.