PDA

View Full Version : Lowest A/? Combo you go in if no one has raised before you

Precatornj
12-03-2004, 04:22 PM
Trying to figure out which a / 7 a / 8 or a/ 9 or whatever is the lowest ace combo u will go in with. I think my problem is I go in with a/ 6 at times. This is all preflop. Also, wanted to know if you guys go in with like k / 8. It seems that I do not perfom well in these hands according to Pokertracker.

Entity
12-03-2004, 04:25 PM
I rarely play any ace under AJo. Occasionally I'll play ATo from LP.

Rob

27offsooot
12-03-2004, 04:35 PM
Always depends on table conditions, whose left to act, position, etc.
For Axo, if u mean limp in, that would be pretty much none of them. AJ/10 is a folder from EP, raiser from LP in an unraised pot with 1 or 2 limpers. AK is a raise/ re-raiser. AQ is a raiser/ call some raises. At times, i open-raise with any Ace from LP.
For Axs, limp anywhere at a passive table, limp in mid-late at a moderate table. Fold below A9s at an aggro table.

colgin
12-03-2004, 04:52 PM
In any non-steal situation the lowest I will go is ATo (and this depends on position and game conditions).

Unless you are on a blind steal or in the blinds (and then that depends) you should not be playing with A9 or lower.

MoreWineII
12-03-2004, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, wanted to know if you guys go in with like k / 8. It seems that I do not perfom well in these hands according to Pokertracker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, this line just made me giggle.

This question is kinda vague. Suited or unsuited? What position am I in? What's the table like? Etc etc.

I consider AJo and above to be a good starting hand. ATo is eh.

Suited, A8 and higher for me. A2, 3, 4, 5 at times too.

Bulbarainey
12-03-2004, 05:05 PM
i'll play nothing less than AJo in early position, A10o in middle, and in late, ill sometimes play A9o in late or late middle depending on the players in the hand and if very passive players are behind me. The only place i play worse than that is on Pacific, occasionally i will play A8o in very late position, when i know for a fact the people in on the hand are any-thing-suited+any-face-card/rag players, but that is only on pacific, imo where there is by far the worst play on the internet in the world.

Bulbarainey
12-03-2004, 05:05 PM
oops double post