PDA

View Full Version : Steelers or Patriots

Toro
12-03-2004, 03:03 PM
I think it's going to come down to whoever gets homefield for the AFC championship game and the 2nd seed will have to likely play Indy the week before.

Right now they are both 10-1 but since the Steelers beat the Pats and they finish with identical records, the Steelers get the top seed. The schedule though seems to favor the Pats. To date the Pats have played teams with an aggregate record of 63-58 while the Steeler foes have gone 56-65. Of the remaining 5 games the Pats upcoming foes are 19-36 while the Steelers foes are 31-24.

Should be interesting. Too bad Kraft just re-sodded Gillette. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ThaSaltCracka
12-03-2004, 03:09 PM
Until someone beats NE in the playoffs, NE is the clear choice, sorry Steelers fans.

pokerjo22
12-03-2004, 03:14 PM
I haven't seen as many Pats games as I'd like (and I missed the Steelers game), but the one's I have seen they really don't seem to break out of first gear very often. As soon as they begin to feel a little heat, Brady just seems to march it down the field. They seem to be playing better than in the last two Superbowl seasons IMHO.

jakethebake
12-03-2004, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Until someone beats NE in the playoffs, NE is the clear choice, sorry Steelers fans.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea. Ya gotta give them edge over a rookie QB that's never been there. Frankly given the school he's from, he's never really been in a big game. He may one day be a great one, but he needs time and experience.

2planka
12-03-2004, 03:18 PM
Not being a homer here, but I think the Patriots are still tops in the AFC. They did get smoked in Pit, and the Steelers are a fine team, but that game on Halloween was a relatively meaningless early season road game.

That said, if the Patriots secondary can't get healthy and stay healthy, Rothlesberger can cause problems. The Pats basically couldn't pressure the kid in the halloween meeting, and they got picked apart. The two turnovers didn't exactly help either.

Someone will figure out a scheme to attack the Pit offense. If no one else does, Romeo and Bill can cook something up, I'm sure.

Home field comes down to who loses first. It wouldn't surprise me if that befalls the Patriots. Steelers will be the #1 seed in the AFC.

edit: Patriots win the AFC