PDA

View Full Version : Neteller - How to switch your currency

Douper
12-03-2004, 02:49 PM
I called Neteller a week ago regarding my Neteller ATM card, which was sent to the wrong address. After I got that sorted out, I asked them about switching currencies, they said all I have to do is open a new account with a different email address, and call them to close the old account.

I just did this today, now I have my balance in USD and don't have to pay 2%+2% everytime I go bonus whoring.

Just to be safe, I transfered my Neteller balance onto Party (a whopping $50) before I created the second one, but when I called up they offered to transfer the left over $0.08 CDN over to my new account.

I just thought I'd make this post to let everyone know, since everything I've read here (and even Neteller email support) says you can't switch your currency.

Daniture
12-03-2004, 03:51 PM
I've switched currencies a couple times now. First from USD to CAD. Then a month and over 100$ in exchange fees later i switched back to USD realizing my stupidity.

Yads
12-03-2004, 04:42 PM
Really? That's sweet. I asked the help desk personnel in the live chat and they said that they only allow one account per person. So all I have to do is use a different email address?

Douper
12-03-2004, 05:20 PM
yes, but this will close your current account. so I recomend getting the money out first, before you create the second account. After you create the second account, the first one won't work anymore, so call them, and they will close the account for you.

Yads
12-03-2004, 05:50 PM
Nice thanks guys. Do I need to get them to close the account or is that part optional?

Douper
12-03-2004, 07:36 PM
when I made the deposit back into the new account it didn't register until I called them.

There phone support is great - not a problem at all.