PDA

View Full Version : I am not a tiltaholic!

e_fermat
12-03-2004, 12:41 PM
But I admit I did take a couple swigs of tiltahol after a rough night of bubble-outs (2 ITM's in 16 games). Here are 4 plays I'd like some input on. My thinking on how I played them is in white below, any comments would be appreciated:
<font color="white">
In general, I thought the first hand was a pretty standard aggressive bubble play and the second hand I was short-stacked and had no choice. I think the third and fourth hands were definite signs of tiltage. </font>

Number 1:
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB (t1585)
UTG (t1945)
<font color="C00000">MP (t4985)</font>
<font color="C00000">Hero (t2700)</font>
SB (t2285)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">MP raises to t800</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t2675</font>, SB folds, BB folds, MP calls t1875.

Flop: (t5425) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (t5425) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

River: (t5425) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t5425

MP: shows [As Ks] (two pair, Aces and Sixes)
Hero: shows [Qh Qc] (two pair, Queens and Sixes)
/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Number 2:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (4 handed)

Hero (t1083)
UTG (t1982)
Button (t3815)
SB (t6620)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises to t800</font>, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t1058</font>, UTG calls t258.

Flop: (t2166) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (t2166) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

River: (t2166) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t2166

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero has Tc 5h (one pair, fives).
UTG has Jh Jd (three of a kind, jacks).
Outcome: UTG wins t2166. </font> <font color="white"> </font>

Number 3:
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (4 handed)

Hero (t4268)
Button (t2007)
SB (t4040)
BB (t3185)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
Hero calls t400, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB raises to t1600</font>, Hero calls t1200.

Flop: (t3275) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets t1200</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t2643</font>, BB calls t360 (All-In).

Turn: (t7478) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t7478) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t7478

BB has 6d 6s (one pair, sixes).
Hero has Jd Qd (high card, king).
Outcome: BB wins t6395. Hero wins t1083. </font>

/images/graemlins/confused.gif Ok..so the pot odds call on flush draw on the flop was probably alright but I don't think I should have called the big preflop raise to begin with. The pre-flop raise should've indicated to me a solid pocket pair, AQ/KQ or the like right?? Also, what was I doing just calling pre-flop, that should've been a 3BB raise.

Number 4:
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (3 handed)

BB (t7215)
Hero (t3865)
SB (t2420)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t600</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB raises to t6615</font>, Hero calls t3265 (All-In).

Flop: (t8980) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t8980) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t8980) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t8980

BB has Qh Ac (straight, ace high).
Hero has 9h As (three of a kind, tens).
Outcome: BB wins t8980. </font>

/images/graemlins/blush.gif Calling chip-leaders all-in with A9?? That can't be good.

UMTerp
12-03-2004, 01:11 PM
#1 is obviously fine.

#2 is a sucky situation, but it's necessary to grit you teeth and call.

#3 is dreadful. What were you thinking? You made three mistakes on two streets! Your comments sum it up pretty well. The mistake that started the whole thing was the call preflop (and not the call of his raise, which was also bad, I'm talking about the original call of the big blind). Either raise to 1000-1200 and dump if reraised, or just push in your stackif you're feeling frisky. The raise all-in after the flop was also pretty bad IMO, but probably the least egregious of the three errors.

#4 is bordering on bad, but there have certainly been worse calls in the history of poker. If you don't make a call like that once in a while, you'll get trounced shorthanded.

e_fermat
12-03-2004, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the reply Terp.

Yes I agree #3 was the best sign of full-tilt play. Now in that case if we back up to pre-flop, given I'd already limped and he came back with a 3BB raise, would the proper decision be a push or fold?? I think this was at the $25 level so I'd hope I would have had good fold equity with a limp-reraise all-in given I was the chip leader at the time. That shoulda made him put me on something like AA-QQ right?

[ QUOTE ]
#3 is dreadful. What were you thinking? You made three mistakes on two streets!

[/ QUOTE ] I am so ashamed of this hand.

Fermat/Blaise

tigerite
12-03-2004, 02:18 PM
I feel 2 was possibly the worst of the lot - UTG is not going to fold for 200 more, and your hand is just terrible. Fold here. 3 also was just abysmal. Raise here to 2.5-3BB and fold to a re-raise. There is no way I call on 4 in any circumstances.

tigerite
12-03-2004, 02:21 PM
By the way my reason for not calling on 4 is the blinds - they just aren't high enough yet - and I'm not even smallest stack. If this was A9o with blinds at 200/400 then it's completely different (and I'm pushing all in).

adanthar
12-03-2004, 02:33 PM
1)Standard

2)The UTG shortstack's open raise - a minraise, no less - is just enough and I have just enough chips so that I pray and fold (in the 50's. If this is a $5 you autocall.) But I probably push the hand before unless it's exactly 72o.

3)Horrible PF limp (raise), horrible PF call (fold), you had the odds on the flop in theory but no chips if you miss (fold)...yeah, this is by far the worst hand you posted.

4)Autofold to the reraise but push with higher blinds.

e_fermat
12-03-2004, 02:35 PM
Tigerite - In retrospect, I agree, I think #2 is just as bad number #3. I didn't consider that the raiser was number 3 in chips and there is no way he would want to double me up and dump chips to me without a premium hand. With the big stack in the SB and yet to act, I should have put UTG on a premium hand.