PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 against laggy trickster

kirisim
12-03-2004, 12:07 PM
I played this hand against a LAGgy trickster in the 5/10 6 max. This guy had about $2000 on the table, but he bought in for that much. He was spewing chips around like LAGs usually do.

In this hand, he limped UTG, there were two more limpers, SB folds, and I checked my BB with 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Flop: 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5, giving me bottom pair, plus flush draw. I bet into the field, hoping everyone would call, since I have many outs for a strong hand. If there was one caller and then a raise, I planned on reraising for value.

However, the LAG raised, and both players folded behind him, so it was heads up now. I didn’t see the point in reraising, because I gave him a J, since he raised into two players behind him. So I just called.

Turn: another 8. I checked, he bets, I call.

River: 2c. I missed everything. I check, he bets. I thought there was slight chance he had an open ender like 67 and had missed, so I paid him off.

Comments on all streets?

Peter_rus
12-03-2004, 12:47 PM
3-bet flop - even if he has J you are in much cases still ahead around 58:42. The rest seems fine.

kiddo
12-03-2004, 12:51 PM
Betting a draw against a LAG is meaningsless cause he will not fold and if u hit your draw u will probably be able to checkraise anyway. Boring but you played it ok.

With so many outs you could also 3bet flop, but still, u will only hit turn 1/3 so I dont know, and sometimes he will cap flop making u pay another 1BB with bottom pair out of position against someone never giving a freecard if he has u beat.

I would call this river every time, he will bet a draw/bluff often enough.

spider
12-03-2004, 01:05 PM
Maybe check flop and then call/raise depending on action? Assuming a high probability of the LAG betting/raising, this seems better than betting out to me.

Generally gotta call river with a pair against tricky LAG. Especially on a hand like this where the turn and river couldn't have improved his hand (relative to yours).

Grisgra
12-03-2004, 01:32 PM
Against a tricky guy there are a lot of hands he'll raise pf here and bet to river without hitting. Another flush draw, or a straight draw, for instance. You are probably losing the showdown, BUT I think you have odds to call.

kirisim
12-03-2004, 03:48 PM
He showed pocket 66's and took the pot over my pair of 5's. So in this case, I should have reraised and taken over the betting. I was surprised he raised into 2 people on the flop, with 2 overcards on the board.

naphand
12-03-2004, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I played this hand against a LAGgy trickster

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I was surprised he raised into 2 people on the flop, with 2 overcards on the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Peter_rus
12-03-2004, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Betting a draw against a LAG is meaningsless cause he will not fold and if u hit your draw u will probably be able to checkraise anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has a draw that is ahead of top pair - this is enough to try to cap this flop i guess.

[ QUOTE ]
and sometimes he will cap flop making u pay another 1BB with bottom pair out of position against someone never giving a freecard if he has u beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would want him to cap as i think im ahead on flop. With blank turn im not ahead now and i would check-call. I even don't want a free card (but would glad if it's occasionally happens), i want to get more money when im the best.

Peter_rus
12-03-2004, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe check flop and then call/raise depending on action?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a mistake and some kind of slowplaying good hand. And raising bad hand hoping LAG would fold anything stronger than you have (?)

spider
12-03-2004, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's a mistake and some kind of slowplaying good hand. And raising bad hand hoping LAG would fold anything stronger than you have (?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, maybe you are right. But what I am thinking is that if you check, LAG bets, maybe there is one call and then you can raise. You are getting more money in the pot that way, although with an extra opponent.

I'm also thinking this makes more sense with the small pot, whereas betting out (expecting LAG to raise) would be better if the pot was bigger.