PDA

View Full Version : A Hand Against CDC

sthief09
12-03-2004, 09:46 AM
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with X X
<font color="666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 <font color="purple">(CDC)</font> raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 <font color="purple">(CDC)</font> calls.

Flop: (7 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CDC calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CDC calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CDC raises</font>...

I'm curious what range of hands you all put us on. I have some questions about the hand and I think it'll make for a better discussion if you're putting us on a range of hands first

Chris Daddy Cool
12-03-2004, 10:26 AM
/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Ajax410
12-03-2004, 10:33 AM
I put CDC on some kind of blind-steal with that late raise - so I think his hand is significantly harder to put a range to - he could have A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, he could have something like K9-KQ, or he could have any pocket pair - though his river action makes it seem more like 66/88.

Not knowing how sthief or CDC plays particularly well (aggression and such), I dunno if sthief loosens up to reraise CDC - I'm guessing probably not if the raise came from MP3, so I'm going to assume typical 3-bet standards against a very aggressive PF-player. AA-TT, AK-AJs, AK-AQ, KQ-KJs, KQo.

beerbandit
12-03-2004, 10:34 AM
aa, kk, ak, kq, 99, 88

not sure sthief exact style of play there are not to many hands that i would 3 bet in the sb with from a mp raiser, and cdc will not cap so i think that aa, kk are out of the ? for him. so i think maybe kq, 88, 99 and the others for sthief

i guess....im pretty tight out of the sb myself

cheers

sthief09
12-03-2004, 10:39 AM
fyi, right or wrong, my 3-betting standards in this spot are pretty much anything I'd raise UTG. that includes AK-AJ, KQ, AKs-ATs, KQs-KJs, AA-99, and throw in 66-88, which is pretty wide. I know he's raising a ton of hands from that spot

DMBFan23
12-03-2004, 11:02 AM
I wrote this post 3 times, and erased it all three times before this one. I'm having trouble reading this action cause so many of your posts jokingly portray you guys as LAGgy.

Preflop:
I think it's possible CDC is on a steal raise (is MP3 too early to try this?), so your 3 betting range might be lighter than normal.

at first, I put CDC on the normal range of raising hands in this position, minus those hands he'd cap with after a 3 bet (that leaves 99-77, AQs-ATs, AQo-AJo KQs-KTs, KQo, A9s, QJs-QTs), and maybe I'm missing others - a suited connector is also possible, maybe 98s or 67s - if CDC often gets tricky here

as far as you, the preflop 3 bet could mean AK-AJ, AA-TT, maybe KQs, maybe 99.

Flop:
assuming a flop bet is automatic here, I can't narrow you down at all. assuming it's not automatic, I think it means AA-99, AK, KQs

CDC's call kind of gets rid of a lot of the unpaired crap, so I guess that leaves JJ-99, any two diamonds he'd raise with (AQ-AT diamonds? would he try a free card play with those, or does he think you'd three bet the flop with less than normal here?) or my dark horse candidate 6d7d.

Turn:
I think you still have a K or pocket pair. maybe you just caught some trips.

CDC could still have a mid pocket pair (99-JJ) or diamonds, but barring a calldown with JJ-TT (would most people call that down on this board?) I'll put him on KQ, KJ, or diamonds.

River:
looking more and more like AK, KQs, or QQ-TT for you. I'll say JJ as a guess.

CDC's diamonds didnt get there, but I will put him on a K (KQs-KTs) or 99. if it's 6d 7d that would be awesome, but it's not in his logical range I don't think. I'll say AKo (if he doesnt cap pf), KQ, or 99.

Flame on, I suck at heads up. I can't wait to hear the discussion and the answer.

DMBFan23
12-03-2004, 11:05 AM
if CDC does have a K, would he wait to the river to raise knowing you'd bet QQ-TT the whole way?

Evan
12-03-2004, 11:07 AM
I don't think there's enough info here to pt you guys on hands, especially without seeing what you do on the river. I'll guess you had AK and Chris had Ac6c. Seriously though, these are pretty much just guesses.

When did you start playing 10/20? You move up or just messin around?

Joe Tall
12-03-2004, 11:18 AM
You have KQ and he has KJ, you won.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Entity
12-03-2004, 11:45 AM
I'm just trying to figure out if this is one of CDC's raise-and-fold to a 3bet hands.

I think you've got:

KJs, KQ, AKs, AKo, AA, KK, 88...most likely being KQ/AK.

CDC:

KTs-AKs, A6s, 99, KK, AA, QQ/JJ (?), 88, 66, 67s...most likely being 99/AK.

Interesting hand. I feel like I'm way off...will be interested to see results.

Rob

MoreWineII
12-03-2004, 12:22 PM
I think CDC has something like KT, KJ. It's harder to put you on a hand because you'd 3-bet a lot of hands pre-flop because you know CDC could have anything.

I'll take a wild stab and say you have KQ.

DMBFan23
12-03-2004, 02:29 PM
give us the rest of the river action!

Redeye
12-03-2004, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
at first, I put CDC on the normal range of raising hands in this position, minus those hands he'd cap with after a 3 bet (that leaves 99-77, AQs-ATs, AQo-AJo KQs-KTs, KQo, A9s, QJs-QTs),

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if anyone agrees with this or not, but if I were CDC, I wouldn't cap with AA or KK in this situation against another agressive player, especially one who I've played with regularly. I think I'd probably only tend to cap with QQ or AK to mix it up a bit.

MortalNuts
12-03-2004, 05:10 PM
Hi sthief --

Just for fun: I'd like the way both of you played it if you have 99 and he has KJ. Sadly for CDC, you will 3-bet the river and he will fold. Which means that maybe you should also 3-bet the river with QQ.

More seriously, I think you can hold pairs 88+ here, AK,KQ, maybe like KJs. CDC's river raise looks a lot like either a hand that was "way ahead or way behind" the whole way, or a hand that improved on the river, so KT, KJ, KQ, AK, AA; conceivably 99 or something random like 97s. I dunno.

just my 2c.

cheers,

mn

bakku
12-03-2004, 09:42 PM
I'm gonna say you have a K w/ a good kicker or high PP and CDC has 76s or KQ/KJ/KT

sthief09
12-04-2004, 01:02 AM
I had A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifT/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and obviously folded to the river raise. he told me he didn't like my river bet. that's kind of why I posted it

I figured when I bet the river he'd put me on QQ or JJ at worst. He could have a wide range of hands, but I figured a lot of his possible holdings could be less than QQ or JJ and he would lay down a medium pair something. He can't be expecting me to bet the river with A high. I felt this was one of the rare times that it's correct to bluff the river with A high.

he had K/images/graemlins/heart.gif7/images/graemlins/heart.gif

me454555
12-04-2004, 01:08 AM
My guess: CDC got Kx going for the steal, you've got AJ/AQ/AK

After reading the results, I like the way CDC played that. I often play TP like this HU. I don't like the river bet by you. Knowing that CDC is a competant and aggressive player, what range of hands do you put him on that he calls you down with? Certanly not one hes going to fold on the river, especially w/out putting up much of a fight on the flop or turn.