PDA

View Full Version : How far do you take the non-nuts heads up?

trevorwc
12-03-2004, 09:32 AM
4-8 at Canterbury.

Guy in big blind has won three or four BIG pots in the last 30 minutes where he NAILED the flop but got callers and raisers all the way. He's raised the last couple of pots pre-flop "just playing the rush".

I'm sitting 3 seats to his left, and am the first to limp in with 8d9d. One more mid-position limper, the button, limps, small blind completes, big blind "Let's raise it on up"...we all call.

Flop is 8-9-10, rainbow.

Big Blind bets out "it hit me again". I raise, MP folds, button calls, SB folds, BB re-raises, we both call.

Turn is a 2, putting two hearts on the board.

BB bets, we both call.

River is an 8, no flush posibilities.

BB bets, I raise, button folds, BB re-raises, I re-raise, BB re-raises. The light finally goes on that there might be a bigger boat, and I just call.

He had stacks of checks, and after all the betting on the hand, I was down to about $50 in my stack. I guess my question is, should I have kept raising until I ran out of money or do I already have enough money in this pot?

bdk3clash
12-08-2004, 08:03 PM
You lose to TT, 99, and T8, tie 98, and beat everything else. If turning your cards face-up doesn't kill your hand you could turn them up and raise and then call if he re-raises if you were feeling frisky.

5 or 6 bets feels about right here with the obvious straight and trips possibilities this board offers and the opponent.