PDA

View Full Version : Poker Tracker problem

Emmitt2222
12-03-2004, 08:53 AM
Hate to post this, but I dont know where else to turn. I just got PT and all the while my hands have been saved to my hard drive from Party as notepad files which is suppose to be a good way to import them. The problem is that when I try and import these files I get the error that there are no texas holdem hands in the file or it came from a site they can not recognize. This doenst make any sense, I even turned off the stupid word wrapping. Anyone know why this happening? Thanks

Nick-Zack
12-03-2004, 09:05 AM
I am going to guess that these are Hotmail emails. Just this week I started having the same problem. When I use save as I only get the header of the email.

The solution that I have used is to 'Select all', 'Copy', 'Paste' to Notepad and then 'Save as' Text to import.

Its a long drawn out way to get them into PT but the only 1 that seems to work that I have found.

NZ

Emmitt2222
12-03-2004, 09:14 AM
no, sorry, thats not my problem really. Party saves my hand to my hard drive automatically so I dont have to have them emailed to me. I dont know how it works but it does and I can look at all of my hand histories in these files in what appear to be proper format. Anyone have any ideas?

TylerD
12-03-2004, 09:41 AM
You shouldn't import these like you do hand histories that are sent by email. There is an option in the latest version of Pokertracker (make sure you have the latest version!) to "Auto Import", this will launch a dialogue box that will automatically read the hands from your hard drive. Check the Pokertracker Help files for more information.

FYI the Poketracker website has a very active and good forum for problems like this.