PDA

View Full Version : Poker Essays Trilogy

Al Mirpuri
12-03-2004, 05:57 AM
There is excellent seven card stud advice in the Poker Essays trilogy by Mason Malmuth. Poker Essays has an excellent discussion of twenty common seven card stud mistakes. The succeeding two books will add to your understanding of seven card stud as well.

I am making this post because some players rely solely on 7CSFAP and that is not enought and though Othmer's book and West's book get mentioned no one here seems to mention the Poker Essays trilogy.

MBTIGUY
12-04-2004, 10:38 AM
I have only read the first of the three (the other two are on my Christmas list /images/graemlins/wink.gif) but I TOTALLY agree.

Among others, I found the essay on avoiding playing marginal hands helpful. Also, betting the river against someone who is on a draw since the odds are very much against them making it on the river. I have made way more money betting it than I've lost because someone hit. The mistakes essay you mentioned is great, too.

It's not that I don't see the value of 7csfap but I play low limits and West, Othmer and Essays have been the most useful for me to this point.

BeerMoney
12-04-2004, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the advice, I will look at it!