PDA

View Full Version : Party 15/30 multiway pair+gutshot

William Jockusch
12-03-2004, 05:53 AM
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, Hero calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (8.66 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (6.33 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (10.33 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds

Comments on my play?

etizzle
12-03-2004, 12:25 PM
I probably fold this one preflop. Once your in there i like it, it sure looks like you're in third place on the river.

Paluka
12-03-2004, 12:40 PM
I don't like the preflop call at all.

TStoneMBD
12-03-2004, 12:52 PM
thats the worst preflop coldcall ive ever seen

Senor Choppy
12-03-2004, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
thats the worst preflop coldcall ive ever seen

[/ QUOTE ]

All sorts of normally tight players make this call. That doesn't make it correct, but I've seen a lot worse posted here.

William Jockusch
12-04-2004, 05:45 AM
I'm willing to grant that the preflop call was questionable at best. What do you think of the rest of the hand?

TStoneMBD
12-04-2004, 04:34 PM
ok maybe i was a little harsh on the pf call, its not the worst call ive ever seen /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

other than that i probably would have raised the flop, but calling down and folding the river is ok too.

kidpoker22
12-04-2004, 05:27 PM
I'm not going to comment on the pre-flop call. It's not important. I think raising on the flop is probably a better play because you can and would take your free card on the turn. Although, some would argue that you should smooth call the flop to build a volume pot, but I prolly wouldn't. If you raise you might free up your T as an out, unless your opponent has AK.

Gotmilk
12-04-2004, 08:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
other than that i probably would have raised the flop, but calling down and folding the river is ok too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, this hand is a disaster start to finish. Bad preflop call but that's already been talked about.

UTG just called-- he probably has overcards. Depending on how the big blind plays, you could be ahead of the big blind, though probably you are not. This is a mandatory raise! You can't let the cutoff draw to a 9, plus you can get him off a better jack. Also, you don't fear a 3-bet from the big blind-- You want AK to fold because you might need to hit a T to win.