PDA

View Full Version : JJ in EP w/ a Q22 flop

Elektrik
12-03-2004, 04:23 AM
This one felt funny. I had no good reads on SB or MP3 at the time.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, SB calls.
I raise to protect my hand from potential overcards from MP3, although I feel like it isn't terrible to fold when SB bets into two of us - it smells of a queen, but then again it's party 2/4...

Turn: (6.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, SB calls.
Good bet or no? I bet to collect money from pocket pairs and protect from overcards...should I be more aware the with a flop bettor and a cold caller I'm probably behind, or am I good enough of the time?

River: (9.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks.
Can I even think about value betting with two callers on the turn?

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9.50 BB, between Hero, MP3 and SB.</font>

Grendel
12-03-2004, 04:59 AM
I can be a wimp sometimes, but I wouldn't bet the turn. With a bettor and a cold caller, somebody's got to have a Q. If not, they're bad enough to call with anything, which means somebody might even have a 2.

If you were last to act, though, I would happily bet the turn. Checks indicate weakness, bet turn and check river for cheap showdown, etc. But here... I'm such a wimp.

Regardless, checking the river is certainly a good idea.

-Grendel

Elektrik
12-03-2004, 06:50 PM
SB had 33
MP3 had AKo
MHIG

Results aside, I still don't feel like I played this properly...any other comments?