PDA

View Full Version : GETTING POKER LESSONS

Cactus Cactus
12-03-2004, 12:23 AM
Does anyone know of anyone that teaches short handed play for the internet? Are there any books on this subject? How do you learn shorthanded play?

joker122
12-03-2004, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How do you learn shorthanded play?

[/ QUOTE ]
here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=headsup&page=0&view=expand ed&sb=5&o=14)

stripsqueez
12-03-2004, 12:38 AM
if you search through this forum you will find all the theory you need

why cactus cactus ? - where i come from cactus is slang for drunk or dead

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Scuba Chuck
12-03-2004, 12:05 PM
You must be Aussie then, Stripsqueeze.

Scuba

naphand
12-03-2004, 02:39 PM
I think the location of Adelaide, South Australia is something of a clue... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Can you guess where I am from?

mikewvp
12-03-2004, 07:01 PM
Alright naphand, I can't figure it out and its bugging the heck out of me, WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

naphand
12-04-2004, 04:34 AM
Before I answer that, you must first understand the question.

Scotch78
12-04-2004, 04:39 AM
I understand the question! Do I get a gold star? Ooh! Maybe a scratch-n-sniff sticker or a chocolate chip cookie?

Scott

naphand
12-04-2004, 04:48 AM
Actually I was thinking more along the lines of a T-shirt that says "They know me on 2+2".... /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Are you still up? I'm just out of bed.

Scotch78
12-04-2004, 05:07 AM
Yeah, three more hours to go, and getting really sick of working third shift. I left my computer uploading the e-mail when I left for work, has it gone through yet? And speaking of T-shirts . . . back in my college days I tried to organize an offensive T-shirt week. The goal was to offend as many people as possible, so poking fun at minorities was strictly prohibited. The women shirt (they're technically a majority in America /images/graemlins/smirk.gif) would say "Stop Rape" on the front and "Say Yes" on the back. The Christian shirt would say "WWJD" on the front and on the back would be a top ten list with things like "We Won, Jesus Died" and "World-Wide Jewish Domination". Friday's shirt would have some sort of food advertisement ("Clinically proven to prevent heart disease and yada yada . . .") on the front and the back would be a USRDA food label showing "100%" for all vitamins and minerals, and at the top it would say "[censored] Sapiens". Needed two more shirts though, and wanted one of them to pick on heterosexuals. Any ideas?

Scott

naphand
12-04-2004, 05:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The goal was to offend as many people as possible, so poking fun at minorities was strictly prohibited.

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason I find this particularly amusing, nice take.

I like the idea of having a goal of offending as many people as possible, with the proviso that it should be aimed principally at self-righteous authority figures.

Coming up with offensive slogans should be easy, but my brain is pretty much a blank this morning. I'll see what pops up during the day, but then again I doubt I understand your society sufficiently to be offensive enough in a manner that won't get somebody shot.

Scotch78
12-04-2004, 06:12 AM
I just remembered . . . the fifth idea was to target Americans. I'll leave that one up to you /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Scott

Alobar
12-04-2004, 07:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just remembered . . . the fifth idea was to target Americans. I'll leave that one up to you /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to own my own business selling offensive t-shirts. I made (and sold) a shirt that had a picture of the american flag upside down on the front of the shirt, and on the back it said "Patriotism - The idiotic belief that you are superior to others because your parents had sex between some imaginary lines drawn on a map"

This was right before we invaded Iraq looking for the WMD and patriotism was at a high. I offended lots of people with that one, heh.

Scotch78
12-04-2004, 07:35 AM
Not offensive enough . . . maybe something comparing American patriotism to NAZI patriotism?

Scott

Alobar
12-04-2004, 07:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not offensive enough . . . maybe something comparing American patriotism to NAZI patriotism?

Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

There was the shirt going around for a while, that was the american flag, but instead of the stars it had a big white schwastica(sp?) in the field of blue.

Scotch78
12-04-2004, 07:44 AM
Swastika . . . possible, but I'd like some humor value as well.

Scott