PDA

View Full Version : Possibility of Actual Hacking/Cheating (not flamebait)

kurosh
12-02-2004, 11:05 PM
First, let me say I'm not claiming any site or person is cheating. I'm just wondering if anyone thinks it's possible or likely that there actually is someone cheating or using an extremely intelligent bot capable of beating most players. It IS possible that someone has found an exploit and they would be smart enough to keep it under wraps. It's also possible a great poker player with programming skills made a bot that could rival good players. I mean, there's really very little "intuition" involved in playing poker. Basically, your reads are based off their stats. What if someone HAS cracked the RNG of a site again? No one would know if the person was smart enough.

emonrad87
12-02-2004, 11:37 PM
If its one person, I couldnt care less. One person out of the 50k on Party is meaningless. If the word gets out, i guarentee the site would hear about it and deal with it, or the players would hear about it and leave.

ILikeApples
12-03-2004, 02:19 AM
I think that the closest anyone ever came to developing a bot that can beat the game are the WinHoldEm folks. I think that these bots can beat the low limit games. But that's not saying much. I can teach my little sister to beat the low limit games. And she still thinks that straights beat flushes.

kurosh
12-03-2004, 02:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that the closest anyone ever came to developing a bot that can beat the game are the WinHoldEm folks. I think that these bots can beat the low limit games. But that's not saying much. I can teach my little sister to beat the low limit games. And she still thinks that straights beat flushes.

[/ QUOTE ]

that you know of...

gabyyyyy
12-03-2004, 02:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can teach my little sister to beat the low limit games. And she still thinks that straights beat flushes.

[/ QUOTE ]

A straight does not beat a flush?

daveymck
12-03-2004, 06:50 AM
There is no software that is not bug proof or 100% secure, I am sure that there are some people out there who have developed tools that can assist them to win either by cheating, bots or collusion, its there it will be happening. It may be outsiders or even those inside with development or working knowledge of the software.

Money is involved and where there is money there is crime, I suspect at this point credit card fraud is a bigger problem than the few people who have the ability to cheat any program that goes commercial I would expect the poker rooms to get onto and close down pretty quickly as integrity of the software and game is key to their business.

We talk about it loads here but its not that big an issue at this point the games are good, people are happy to play and there is no real widespread cheating/bot program spoiling the game.