PDA

View Full Version : wtf?

ThaSaltCracka
12-02-2004, 09:32 PM
why is there an add on this site with Granny's stupid avatar in it? This is ridiculous.

BusterStacks
12-02-2004, 09:34 PM
wtf are you doing out of the OOT forum is a better question

ThaSaltCracka
12-02-2004, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

busguy
12-02-2004, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly. THAT is what is ridiculous !!

/images/graemlins/grin.gif busguy

ThaSaltCracka
12-02-2004, 09:40 PM
I hate you guys.

ArchAngel71857
12-02-2004, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate you guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good.

-AA

ThaSaltCracka
12-02-2004, 09:52 PM
to bad your deacons sucked on wednesday.

GrannyMae
12-02-2004, 10:21 PM
love you too

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/a0/finger.gif

bonanz
12-02-2004, 10:25 PM
TSC is branching out. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

i've seen him posting in home poker a little also.

ThaSaltCracka
12-02-2004, 10:37 PM
Can't you find another way of making money thats doesn't involve whoring it off of other people?

jek187
12-02-2004, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can't you find another way of making money thats doesn't involve whoring it off of other people?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm quite familiar w/all forms of Whoring, but how does one "Whore it off of other people?" I may need to add this tactic to my site.

ArchAngel71857
12-02-2004, 11:00 PM
to bad your deacons sucked on wednesday.

If I were you, I wouldn't talk about sports teams choking and underachieving.

However, since you did, I respond with this (http://www.site4you.dk/joke/images/blow%20me.jpg) .

<font color="white">Ah, I kid because why? I love. Nice try on getting out of the OOT to beat El D to 10,000 posts. Still a lot behind </font>
-AA

Oski
12-02-2004, 11:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are able to list one, I'd be interested to read it.

ThaSaltCracka
12-02-2004, 11:06 PM
well you got me there. How about this then, "can't you make money that involves you actually putting work in to get that money? As opposed to just sitting around and letting other people do everything else.?

ThaSaltCracka
12-02-2004, 11:06 PM
don't trip mam, I am sure Clark cares waaaaay more than I do. College basketball bores me anyway.

gabyyyyy
12-02-2004, 11:07 PM
Yay, you guys have someone else to pick on.

lorinda
12-02-2004, 11:10 PM
Yay, you guys have someone else to pick on.

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I like the happy Gabs.

Lori

gabyyyyy
12-02-2004, 11:36 PM
Lori, whats the best way to clear the ub bonus?

TY

emonrad87
12-03-2004, 12:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Lori, whats the best way to clear the ub bonus?

TY

[/ QUOTE ]

By sitting at the tables and pushing the action buttons!

ArchAngel71857
12-03-2004, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
don't trip mam, I am sure Clark cares waaaaay more than I do. College basketball bores me anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

try highlighting my post.

-AA

Greg J
12-03-2004, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I am very happy for the Granny bonus. I took advantage of it, and it helped grow my bankroll since I am a micro player. It has basically given me another $100 which MATTERS to me. If Granny makes money in the long run of it so be it -- it allows me to move up limits faster and thus appears to me to by a symbiotic relationship. We both profit, as I don't play Paradise unless there is a reload, so not having a rakeback is of minimal concern to me.

Thanks Granny!

morgant
12-03-2004, 01:11 AM
gabbbbs, i usually respond to this question in a snide manner, however, i see you trying to join instead of instigate, sooooooo

you earn double ub points(which the bonus dollars pay off of) by starting new tables. pick the game you are comfortable with, and sit down(this requires short handed play, of course) but the table should fill rather quickly. or you can sit down and sit out, but it could be a while before a game starts. you also receive like 1.5 times points for being 2nd seated, and 3rd i believe but not sure.

as for salta, r u serious. your statements are so flawed its frightening, GOOOOO BACK TO OOT

nolanfan34
12-03-2004, 01:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
why is there an add on this site with Granny's stupid avatar in it? This is ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pick another fight, man. Anyone who pays the cash can get an ad.

ThaSaltCracka
12-03-2004, 01:32 AM
yup, I don't like pimping other people for my own personal monetary gain.

ThaSaltCracka
12-03-2004, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pick another fight, man. Anyone who pays the cash can get an ad.

[/ QUOTE ]I could care less about the ad, but I suppose thats why I started the thread. I just don't like these pyramid schemes of sorts which involve affiliates. Yeah you get a little bit of money from it, but they make waaaaay more off you in the long run, especially if you play a lot.

lorinda
12-03-2004, 01:41 AM
What I don't understand Cracka is why you are only picking on one of 20-30 affiliate ads on this site.

Lori

morgant
12-03-2004, 01:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I am very happy for the Granny bonus. I took advantage of it, and it helped grow my bankroll since I am a micro player. It has basically given me another $100 which MATTERS to me. If Granny makes money in the long run of it so be it -- it allows me to move up limits faster and thus appears to me to by a symbiotic relationship. We both profit, as I don't play Paradise unless there is a reload, so not having a rakeback is of minimal concern to me.

Thanks Granny!

[/ QUOTE ]

is that pimping or a symbiotic relationship????

so i hear you complaining about what you don't like, anyone can complain, come up with a plausible solution for whatever the faults are in this system and then maybe you have a leg to stand on.

ThaSaltCracka
12-03-2004, 01:51 AM
um, basically I just saw the ad. My first post aside, I suppose this is simply just a rant against affiliates. My apologies Granny, seriously.

nolanfan34
12-03-2004, 01:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I could care less about the ad, but I suppose thats why I started the thread. I just don't like these pyramid schemes of sorts which involve affiliates. Yeah you get a little bit of money from it, but they make waaaaay more off you in the long run, especially if you play a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pick on the spammers then. Paradise I don't think offers rakeback, so a 50% deposit bonus is about as good as you're going to get.

Affiliates who offer rake backs are OK. Sure, they make money, but it's not like the site is going to give you any money back from your rake.

ThaSaltCracka
12-03-2004, 01:54 AM
I have two legs to stand on, thanks though.

[ QUOTE ]
come up with a plausible solution for whatever the faults are in this system

[/ QUOTE ] There is no solution for the fault, other than for those below their "sponsor" to go recruit people for themselves, so it is a continous cycle. The only thing I can come up with is the sponsor give some of the return back to his affliates. Isn't that what 1800gambler does?

jek187
12-03-2004, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There is no solution for the fault, other than for those below their "sponsor" to go recruit people for themselves, so it is a continous cycle. The only thing I can come up with is the sponsor give some of the return back to his affliates. Isn't that what 1800gambler does?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you even understand affiliate programs?

ThaSaltCracka
12-03-2004, 01:58 AM
explain it to me jek. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

morgant
12-03-2004, 02:06 AM
before you make these assinine comments, understand just a little bit about what you speak of.

ps. you must not play much online if you dont know about affiliate deals. if you do play a good amount, i suggest you seek one out.

lorinda
12-03-2004, 02:10 AM
Is it spin the bottle night again on IRC?

Lori

ThaSaltCracka
12-03-2004, 02:15 AM
Like this:
pacific (http://affreports.888.com/AffTools/AboutTheProgram.asp)

or this:
UB (http://www.ultimatebet.com/promotions/refer.html)

I understand how they work chief. I must have struck a nerve with you, because imagine you like to convice people that you are helping them out by getting them more money or whatever, but really you don't care, you just want the bonus for yourself.

jek187
12-03-2004, 02:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
explain it to me jek.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are two types of affiliate programs, both types are used by sites to encourage others to market their sites for them.

Type 1) CPA (Cost Per Acquisition):
When an affiliate gets credit for a player (by having that player click a special affiliate link, or enter a code) the affiliate gets $X. In the poker world it's typically from $50-$150.

Type 2) Revenue Share:
When an affiliate gets credit for a player, that affiliate get X% of that player's lifetime revenue. X typically ranges from 15-30%. The reasoning here is that this sort of payment plan encourages the sites' affiliates to market to good players. (This is also where you get rakeback from, but this is outside the scope of this discussion)

This pyramid scheme you refer to is present, but is *not* a major part of affiliate program. If an affiliate gets another affiliate to sign-up under him, the "parent" affiliate gets X% of what the "child" affiliate makes. X usually ranges from 3-5%. This does go down another level, but as you'll see if you crunch some numbers, it's not worth much to begin with, and gets worse down the affiliate pyramid from there.

You should sign-up as an affiliate sometime, and try and get some sign-ups w/out spamming. If you still think this is lazy work, let me know what you did so I can reduce my 70hr weeks.

Otherwise, I suggest you take your ill informed ass back to OOT or wherever the fuck it was you came from. Leave behind only a sincere apology to Granny and the rest of the Zoo for storming in here and ranting about something that you have no clue about. To talk intelligently here, you must actually know something about your subject matter. That seems to be something you never learned in 6k+ posts in BFE.

ThaSaltCracka
12-03-2004, 02:22 AM
Yes, because the "zoo" is the most refined and orderly forum on the whole boards, right? [ QUOTE ]
To talk intelligently here, you must actually know something about your subject matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

jek187
12-03-2004, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
or this:
UB

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a referral program, not an affiliate program.

[ QUOTE ]
I understand how they work chief.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think w/every post you make you make your understanding all the more clear.

ThaSaltCracka
12-03-2004, 02:23 AM
ahhhhh..... okay man.

jek187
12-03-2004, 02:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, because the "zoo" is the most refined and orderly forum on the whole boards, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I said apology, not some weird sidetrack arguing tactic.

ThaSaltCracka
12-03-2004, 02:28 AM
Honest question for you. I didn't realize you ran bonus whores, does that site take up part of the 70 hr work week? Not trying to be a smart ass.

jek187
12-03-2004, 02:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't realize you ran bonus whores, does that site take up part of the 70 hr work week? Not trying to be a smart ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was I unclear? I still don't know how this affects your unfullfilled (as yet) need to give an apology.

ThaSaltCracka
12-03-2004, 02:42 AM
for what?

jek187
12-03-2004, 02:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
for what?

[/ QUOTE ]

From a previous post earlier in this thread:
Otherwise, I suggest you take your ill informed ass back to OOT or wherever the [censored] it was you came from. Leave behind only a sincere apology to Granny and the rest of the Zoo for storming in here and ranting about something that you have no clue about. To talk intelligently here, you must actually know something about your subject matter. That seems to be something you never learned in 6k+ posts in BFE.

ThaSaltCracka
12-03-2004, 02:52 AM
oooooooohhhh.....
I apologize. I didn't realize I have to walk on egg shells as to not disrupt the serene setting that is the "zoo" forum. I apologize for upseting the "zoo" Gods. Go back to your regular setting, my apologies. Again, I am sorry to ruffle your feathers.

You sound just like the tools that occupy one forum and claim it as your own. Some of the people in the Home Poker are the same way. So if you don't mind, I will go wherever I want, is that okay, "zoo" forum gate keeper? Do I have free passage into this and any other forum on 2+2?

gabyyyyy
12-03-2004, 02:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So if you don't mind, I will go wherever I want, is that okay, "zoo" forum gate keeper? Do I have free passage into this and any other forum on 2+2?

[/ QUOTE ]

Jek the gatekeeper.

LMFAO!

jek187
12-03-2004, 03:06 AM
Are all 6,500 posts of yours filled with sagas like this?

1) Go off on completely unfounded rant.
2) Look like a complete idiot
3) Instead of apologizing, insult those who call you out on it.
4) Repeat

It's no wonder you're on pace to be the 1st poster to 10k posts. The other posters are apparently constricted by not wanting to look like raving morons.

ThaSaltCracka
12-03-2004, 03:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The other posters are apparently constricted by not wanting to look like a raving moron.

[/ QUOTE ] yup, but I don't care either.

morgant
12-03-2004, 03:39 AM
i will make one last fleeting attempt at logic and your lack of. i dont do whatever it is you tried to explain in these illogical flailing argustatements.
[ QUOTE ]
but really you don't care, you just want the bonus for yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

BUT, imagine an individual trying to make a buck for himself **GASP**

ArchAngel71857
12-03-2004, 03:41 AM
Greg J,

is your avatar the sidekick from The Pirates of Dark Water?

-AA

tyfromm
12-03-2004, 08:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
oooooooohhhh.....
I apologize. I didn't realize I have to walk on egg shells as to not disrupt the serene setting that is the "zoo" forum. I apologize for upseting the "zoo" Gods. Go back to your regular setting, my apologies. Again, I am sorry to ruffle your feathers.

You sound just like the tools that occupy one forum and claim it as your own. Some of the people in the Home Poker are the same way. So if you don't mind, I will go wherever I want, is that okay, "zoo" forum gate keeper? Do I have free passage into this and any other forum on 2+2?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this guy /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Please post here more often, you are better than the other frequent posters here.

B00T
12-03-2004, 10:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah and some of those same individuals are greedy bastards such as the one who posted this.

ThaSaltCracka
12-03-2004, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah and some of those same individuals are greedy bastards such as the one who posted this.

[/ QUOTE ]Precisely, and they all play it off like they are helping you, but they don't care, really they don't.

ThaSaltCracka
12-03-2004, 12:11 PM
shouldn't make be in quotes? Because you really aren't making anything for yourself. Other people are making money for you.

Seems to me that those people that specialize in affiliate programs are probably people not good enough to make money at poker by playing well.

jek187
12-03-2004, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seems to me that those people that specialize in affiliate programs are probably people not good enough to make money at poker by playing well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't think of one successful affiliate that can't play very well.

Why do you insist on continuing to spout your ignorance? I still don't think you understand what an affiliate program entails.

B00T
12-03-2004, 12:21 PM
I am only talking about Morgant specifically. Unlike your trash-talking wars with Jek (who I have the utmost respect for). I have had dealings with Morgant and my opinion of him is the stereotype you are placing many affiliates in that they dont deserve.

Just replace the word affiliate with Morgant in any specific post and I'll be your #1 supporter in this thread. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

And for those who will jump to his defense, I'm glad you had good dealings with him. To me, he is a money-hungry classless piece of garbage, and yes I have proof to back it up if you so desire. I am not putting him down without reason that IS verifiable.

ThaSaltCracka
12-03-2004, 12:25 PM
whatever. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Subby
12-03-2004, 12:25 PM
As someone who is relatively new to poker in general and on-line poker in particular, I thought it worth mentioning that I owe a huge debt of gratitude to jek and the BonusWhores sites. There is a ton of information there and jek seems to work pretty hard to get good affiliate deals for his customers. Anyone who has followed his reports on the exasperating negotations with Intertops on getting a rakeback program set up for RakeReturns customers will see that.

It seems like the good affiliates go the extra mile for their customers and the relationships are definitely value-added (if I may throw in a few cliches there.) For me, BonusWhores (or the recent ToeJam freeroll from GrannieMae) are the very definition of that...

Anyway, just a general musing...back to work.

ThaSaltCracka
12-03-2004, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I still don't think you understand what an affiliate program entails.

[/ QUOTE ] thats fine if you think that. I did read about it on Paradise's site, as well as what you wrote. So either I know what they entail, or else both that site and you both do a poor job of explaining it, which one is it?

ThaSaltCracka
12-03-2004, 12:35 PM
well, its obvious Jek spends a lot of time on his website, which is very informative(no joke), and perhaps he goes the extra mile as you say to help his customers out(which is also good), but I would be willing to guess for every affiliate person like Jek, there are probably 10 people the complete opposite.

jek187
12-03-2004, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So either I know what they entail, or else both that site and you both do a poor job of explaining it, which one is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this tactic of offering two alternatives, when neither is correct, work in OOT?

jek187
12-03-2004, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would be willing to guess for every affiliate person like Jek, there are probably 10 people the complete opposite.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, 9% of the affiliates do 91% of the total good work that affiliates do? I can accept that. But you know what? I bet that same 9% of total affiliates collect 91% of total rewards. The industry is such, that if you don't actually add some value, you won't be rewarded.

jek187
12-03-2004, 12:52 PM
Thank you B00T and Subby, it's always nice to hear appreciation.

ThaSaltCracka
12-03-2004, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So either I know what they entail, or else both that site and you both do a poor job of explaining it, which one is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this tactic of offering two alternatives, when neither is correct, work in OOT?

[/ QUOTE ]I am annoying you aren't I?

I notice though that instead of answering my questions you in turn insult me, very mature of you gatekeeper. I have even plugged your site twice in this thread, both times saying it was a good site, you then call me an idiot. How does that reflect on your site? Apparently I am so stupid and ill-informed that for some reason I think your site is good.

ThaSaltCracka
12-03-2004, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So, 9% of the affiliates do 91% of the total good work that affiliates do? I can accept that.

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah I def think that.

[ QUOTE ]
I bet that same 9% of total affiliates collect 91% of total rewards.

[/ QUOTE ] This I disagree with, I bet those 9%(roughly /images/graemlins/laugh.gif), collect probably closer to 50%. I think there are a lot of shady people out there doing this stuff.

jek187
12-03-2004, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To me, he is a money-hungry classless piece of garbage, and yes I have proof to back it up if you so desire. I am not putting him down without reason that IS verifiable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a thread I missed where this is aired?

jek187
12-03-2004, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
notice though that instead of answering my questions

[/ QUOTE ]

Your questions are structurally flawed, and I will not be drawn into that type of discussion where your illogic rules.

[ QUOTE ]
you in turn insult me, very mature of you gatekeeper. I have even plugged your site twice in this thread, both times saying it was a good site, you then call me an idiot. How does that reflect on your site?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it reflects well. Just because somebody compliments me, does not prevent me from calling what they do like I see it. The sites I review get the same treatment, no matter how much ass they kiss.

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently I am so stupid and ill-informed that for some reason I think your site is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

If my site reviewed affiliate programs, then your statement may have some substance. My site is a poker site though, and you may (for all I know) be quite knowledgeable about poker. You can be clueless about affiliates and still able to judge poker information accurately.

B Dids
12-03-2004, 01:10 PM
Just because somebody needs to say it. Morgant's been nothing but straightforward with me, and in all my dealings with him, I can only say that I think you're out of line or that there's a misunderstanding that needs to be cleared up between the two of you.

I really hate this "XXX is crooked, I have proof, but I'm not going to post it".

If somebody really is dicking people over, then do a service for other people and post about it. Otherwise, stop making baseless accusations.

jek187
12-03-2004, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This I disagree with, I bet those 9%(roughly ), collect probably closer to 50%. I think there are a lot of shady people out there doing this stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm not going to argue further on this exact point. I'll just leave people to ponder which of us knows more about affiliate programs.

ThaSaltCracka
12-03-2004, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll just leave people to ponder which of us knows more about affiliate programs.

[/ QUOTE ]

you do that man!!!! I am sure it keeps you warm at night!

B00T
12-03-2004, 01:30 PM
forums just crashed, let me go through my PM's and strcture it in a followable order..

I never excused him of scamming or not paying, or stealing or whatever...My accusation is that he is a money hungry biatch..give me 2 minutes...

Greg J
12-03-2004, 01:31 PM
Nope, Carl from Aquateens.

Greg J
12-03-2004, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...imagine you like to convice people that you are helping them out by getting them more money or whatever, but really you don't care, you just want the bonus for yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]
I could not care two big sweaty donkey balls less if any affiliate cares about me, or just wants money for him/herself. As long as I get paid why should I??

moondogg
12-03-2004, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I never excused him of scamming or not paying, or stealing or whatever...My accusation is that he is a money hungry biatch..give me 2 minutes...

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean "accused" rather than "excused", right? MUCH different statement.

B00T
12-03-2004, 01:43 PM
yea I meant accused...not excused, was just typing asap in fear of the forums crashing again.

B Dids
12-03-2004, 01:47 PM
So your issue is that Morgant likes money.

OMG POKER PLAYER LIKES MONEY AND DOES STUFF TO GET MORE OF IT.

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

This seems as stupid as TSC's original post. You don't have any real beef, something just upsets your sensabilities and rather than think about why that's the case, you call out other people instead.

B00T
12-03-2004, 02:01 PM
The topic in question was the new rakeback incentive offered from UltimateBet in which Morgant openly was soliciting PM's for people wanting more information.

I wanted to signup as an affiliate due to having some friends wanting to learn and just trying to help them in a long-term way. I also had a UB acct and wasnt sure their policy of how the rakeback worked in junction with their bonus dollars. I didnt know if you were able to receive actual rakeback if you had pending bonus dollars (ala Party). I dont have the sent PM's in response to Morgants replies but you could get an idea of what I asked, and if he wants he could fill in the blanks of the PM's I sent to him in response to his answers. There were 4 of them, each paragraph was a seperate one.

hey boot, i am not sure if you want to get a rakeback or be the actual affiliate. as for rakeback i offer XXX%, and a XXX if you are interested pm or better yet instant message me XXXXXXXXXXXXX

well, you dont have to have an account to become an affiliate, nor do you with any affiliate program. i have like 4 real money ub accounts, they are not like party in those terms, i think the only thing that has to be different is the email address, otherwise, all 4 of my accounts are the same. if you would like to set up rakeback with me, great, at that juncture i would be more willing to provide info for you to become your own affiliate.

yes, although many people keep asking this and i am not sure why? rather, does the answer have an effect on the path you are going to choose?

hey, you cant get rakeback on an old account, so that account with the bonus money wont be eligible for rakeback. you would have to make a brand new account which wouldnt have these bonus dollars, unless you can transfer them????

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +

My original PM was asking if UB had an affiliate program open to join and what deals they offered. I get emailed back with spam for his stupid bonus code. Now if I was opening a new UB acct of my own obviously I would want rakeback and wouldnt of hesitated to signup under him and receive a rakeback from a trusted affiliate of these boards. I write back something to the extent of, if the bonus dollars I have on my only acct (about $900 worth) are do not coincide in being cleared ALONG with rakeback (i.e. you get one or the other ala Party) then I would switch over and sac the BD's. If they did count at the same time, then I probably would of made a new acct anyway and just accumulate new bonus dollars to use in conjunction with a rakeback since it isnt my #1 site of choice to play on anyway.

His second PM and the bold line is really what enraged me. I had legitamite questions about the plan, and the bonus dollars and all I get is a F-U if you arent helping me I wont help you approach. I'm sorry I didnt just jump like a little puppy dog and signup with you in hopes of then getting a question asked. He basically says if you dont signup under me then F-off.

I would of gladly signed up under him cause I would want rakeback for myself instead of none. Instead I basically get threatened by being left out in the dark in my originally inquiry of wanting to help some friends out.

I am aware he doesnt know what he is talking about in terms of the bonus dollars and rakeback and I still dont know the answer. I was looking for the answers to some simple questions, and he cant give me any help in fear of losing the $15 or so per month he would of lost from me signing up elsewhere, or no money if it didnt intertwine with my bonus dollar plans. WTF was I going to signup at besides him? I didnt know anyone offered UB rakeback until I saw his spam on these boards.

Yea I see the potential responses "U R GUNA STEEL HIZ DEFERRAL L PEEPS" Gimmie a break, I dont pay for ads on these boards and received probably a grand total of $60 in total referrals of legitamite friends on online poker.

If you run a business such as an affiliate business I would think its in your best interest to be nice to potential customers. I ran a successful restaurant in New Jersey for 4 years and how negative word of mouth travels 10 times as fast as positive word of mouth. So not only did he lose a potential customer by totally turning me off to see all he cares about is himself, he is going to get his name dragged through the mud at any opportunity I have the chance where applicable. I dont troll and follow him around and spam any post he makes. If he is posting in regards to integrity of affiliates or the "service" they provide everyone deserves to see all sides to each story.

Congrats to being a greedy selfish mofo, and soliciting PM's where people requesting "information about UB referral program" could come to you.

I'd try and do a search for his post, that directed these PM's. The date of the PM's was 10/15/04 so if anyone wants to find the post go ahead but I suck at searches...

Yea he didnt steal, or cheat anyone, but to just be a stickler over every little penny is why I brought him up in THIS POST, where Salt is saying affiliates only care about themselves and making every little penny they can. This is a perfect example of that, and why I brought it up.

B00T
12-03-2004, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So your issue is that Morgant likes money.

[/ QUOTE ]

No my issue is he only cares about himself. Go read my post and you can retract your statements with no merit behind them.
[ QUOTE ]
This seems as stupid as TSC's original post.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK this SEEMS as stupid...Well it looks like you are now the one jumping to conclusions or accusations without any merit (waiting to read what I had to post on the subject)

I hope your bird doesnt [censored] on your shoulder, I wouldnt want those fumes clouding the judgement of your own accusations and cluttered mind.

Edit: How in the hell would you know what my beef is without knowing anything? Are you a god damn mind reader? I play poker too, it doesnt mean I have a screw everyone else mentality. The point of these boards is to learn and get better or hop on opportunities. Not have some Pooh Bear hold the little kids upside down and shake them til every last penny falls out.

ThaSaltCracka
12-03-2004, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This seems as stupid as TSC's original post.

[/ QUOTE ] I am grossely offended by this. I demand an immediate apology to myself, and everyone that posts in this forum.

B Dids
12-03-2004, 02:18 PM
Dude, I think you're a funny guy- but you're way off base here. Give up.

To BOOT.

It looks like you got a form letter rather than an specific response. That makes Morgant careless, not some money grubbing bastard (and I still don't believe "money grubbing = bastard" in the first place).

ThaSaltCracka
12-03-2004, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Give up.

[/ QUOTE ] I did a while ago. I just don't particulary like someone continually calling me an idiot. Either way, as I said, I gave up a while ago.

lorinda
12-03-2004, 02:22 PM
but I would be willing to guess for every affiliate person like Jek, there are probably 10 people the complete opposite.

And back to the original subject.

For every affiliate that pays for advertising, there is enough that don't that Mat had to end it.

I've gone mad at affiliates on here for as long as affiliates have been spamming here, but if someone pays for an advert then it becomes a business move that helps 2+2 (And therefore the readers), the affiliate, and in this case the player because if they clicked a different link they wouldn't get any bonus at all.

Argument: Fine in theory
Specifics: Awful

Lori

Lori

B00T
12-03-2004, 02:24 PM
I highly f'n doubt his "willingness to help me at that juncture" or whatever the hell he said was a form letter.

The first PM I was aware it was a pretyped pm. That didnt bother me so thats why I pm'd him back. Then I guess since he had to create his own response and didnt have a generic response handy that wasnt proofread by someone with higher than a D+ in customer service, so his true greed came out.

B00T
12-03-2004, 02:26 PM
sorry dude...

careless does not equal greed or selfishness...

let me know if you come up with another word pertaining to the discussion at hand.

Slacker13
12-03-2004, 02:34 PM
I don't think she profits from the affiliates, if she does I am not concerned but I think she sinks a lot of the affiliate money into the Freeroll tourneys etc...I know for a fact that she came out of pocket to run last weeks Toejam. Of all the affiliates I am quite sure she is the only one who gives much more back than anyone. Personally, I am an affiliate, I don't make much, $70-100 per month but I use the money to enter MTT's, it's better that me and my players get the money than it all going to the poker sites.

B Dids
12-03-2004, 02:36 PM
My apologies, I didn't read your original message carefully.

Having done so, I agree that Morgant wasn't careless. I see his intent, and see that you're even less rational that I thought.

Greed != evil. Especially not on a poker board.

Losing all
12-03-2004, 02:38 PM
After reading your first posts in this thread I thought you might have something on Morg. Turns out you're upset he didn't want to waste his time (time =$) making YOU money for nothing (you greedy fuq).

Pull your head out of your ass and grow a pair, you whiney little punk.

ThaSaltCracka
12-03-2004, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Argument: Fine in theory
Specifics: Awful

[/ QUOTE ] Touche, I agree too.

ThaSaltCracka
12-03-2004, 02:45 PM
Slacker, I can't argue you with you, we have been through to much together!

B00T
12-03-2004, 02:49 PM
he had to write a ONE SENTENCE RESPONSE, of the god damn link that Granny posted on how to contact UB about their program if he didnt know any information...He can spend 4 pm's worth of BS but cant type out one email address of someone who COULD help me.

#1 I would of given him my rakeback if it made any sense, if you could read the damn post you could see I didnt even know if I what I wanted is feasible...in fact I STILL DONT KNOW IF IT IS FEASIBLE...Everyone is concerned about themselves.

Jerkoffs like you who decide to read bits and pieces of the post obviously...(I stated I was willing to give him rakeback if it made sense to make the acct)..so instead of helping him AND myself I just get shooed away because I will not signup under him without even knowing if I would ever play on it. [censored], it would cost him more TIME, and since TIME = MONEY according to you by going through the effort of walking me through a signup, and looking at his tracker, and trying to figure out why it said zero if I had bonus dollars on there.

Thanks for another reason why so many of you are a bunch of jerkoffs.

B00T
12-03-2004, 02:51 PM
read my post you f'n dimwit... I wanted to do something to get some of my friends to play...hell according to you bastards, it would just be more fish you could shake for a quick buck since thats all you guys give a [censored] about.

morgant
12-03-2004, 02:56 PM
HAHAHHAHAHAHA

r u serious?

you harbor all this still? you approached me about how to become an affiliate. i have no clue what your exact intentions were, you said maybe you had a few friends you wnated to hook up, find thats a pretty benign request. BUT YOU DIDNT TELL ME THAT. You were just prodding me for information, which happens all the time. ANd you are not aware of that(no fault of your own)

I run a very solid deal with this topic at hand, and as Jek said, many many more hours on spent on it than you would think. SO just a simple response to you, in actuality means just a simple response to MANY, and those many are eventually gonna take the players that you have set yourself up to get. AND HOW DID I SET MYSELF UP TO GET THEM? by learning the ropes and discovering the information you so freely asked, first hand.

You are a focking joke with this stuff.

Losing all
12-03-2004, 02:57 PM
You obviously have some problems. Stick to running your burger king and leave the business of poker to people with a brain.

Slacker13
12-03-2004, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Slacker, I can't argue you with you, we have been through to much together!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I am still battered &amp; bruised from the tipping post war we had.
Luv ya Man /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

morgant
12-03-2004, 03:05 PM
just a little more background. there is a an entire economy of this affiliate stuff as should be evident. there are people who try to sabotage other affiliates, there is tons of crap you haven't the first idea about. so yes, you need to reevaluate yourself, and get back to me.

btw, as for making money off other people. is that not the idea of poker? or do you feel a greater sense of humanity at the tables and kickback some of your winnings to the fish you just raped? get a focking grip. at least in the affiliate dealing both party's end out better off, as it is a zero sum game, the sites are the ones who take the hit on this situation. so TSC, if you are talking about caring for the players, taking money directly from them at the tables is a far worse crime then affiliating, unless you change your stance to defending the sites now?!

B00T
12-03-2004, 03:16 PM
I'll continue doing what I do, and you guys can continue to play poker and rely on it to get you through life. I have no desire to make thousands or hundreds of thousands of dollars playing poker. I PM'd Morgant in the first place because I know he was a valued affiliate for others. Every other "respected poster" I PM'd was very nice and actually took the time to write back. Dont F'N write back if you are just gonna be an ass about things and expect it to go unnoticed. I PM'd slacker about something different and got a well thought out reply and genuine concern from someone I never had any contact from in the past.

I didnt appreciate the response I received and voiced it here. Salt posted about affiliates only caring about themselves, and what I wrote is a perfect example of that. Mind you I did not come out and make a post about Morgant EVER, or start a thread to create trouble. If Morgant is going to come on here and post about defending affiliates and that they provide such a great service and another side is calling them greedy, based on this experience who's side am I going to take?

I'm surprised you are taking the time to respond to me, since your time is so damn valuable and it costs you money doing anything otherwise. Thats all you care about by your own admissions.

You have a guy like Jek who started up Bonuswhores and ended up getting rewarded with a fulltime job there and compensation, and it was based on being a great service to players. There is a grand difference between that approach and one guy who would shake every single tree in a forest and picking up what falls out of it and then complain its hard work carrying that stuff back to his house.

B00T
12-03-2004, 03:25 PM
did Morgant have to help me? Not at all...I wouldnt of thoguht any differently of him if he didnt. I understand affliates do their thing and try to get money off their time (duh).

The thread started out as someone saying affiliates are greedy and care about themselves and are jerks. I didnt make this post. I chimed in with my relatively small experience in dealing with affiliates. What is the problem with that? My posts and concerns have extreme validity to them. If it appears as whining because I didnt get help fine, but for anyone posting saying affiliates are saints, and do have their players best interests in mind they are full of [censored].

So anyway, does anyone know if you have uncleared bonus dollars at UB would you still receive rakeback?

I would think that someone who's LIFE is poker and becoming an affiliate would have all the answers to their potential customers's questions. In one of Morgant's replies he said "A lot of people asked that, or why do people keep asking that" I dont remember the exact quote...Don't you think you would find out the answer??? If I had 20 customers at my restaurant ask what country our tomatoes were imported from that we use, and I didnt know dont you think I would find out?

morgant
12-03-2004, 03:26 PM
since i feel i have to defend myself, here is the entire pm exchange, from him, i dont have my replies.

Initial Contact:

"Can you give me more info on the affiliate plan that UB has in place? " Hmm, vague, can you tell me how to make money, i dont want to put forth any effort and learn how this works. HEY GENIUS, how do you think i found out?

oh, glad i looked through these, so you were actually looking for a rakeback deal, sorry to send you my spam when it wasnt requested.

first reply from BOOT

"I am interested in both actually...I am about to make a seperate UB acct under my wife's name. I would like a rakeback deal on that acct, as well as become an affiliate on my current account. How did you become an affiliate? Any information on those would be great...

Thank you... "

2nd reply:

"do you get rakeback in addition to bonus dollars? For example I have $100 in pending bonus dollars, do I have to work those off before the rakeback kicks in? "

3rd reply:

"Yes it does matter...I have like $800 Bonus Dollars sitting in my UB acct that I havent bothered to play off. If I was earning that bonus money along with 20% rakeback, I would then start playing on UB more.

Granted I'd have to make a new acct, but I would then play on UB if I was getting both 20% rakeback and working off Bonus $."

this is the last i heard from him. i replied to that message. i have no idea what i wrote in any of my responses to his inquiries, boot, i encourage you to fill in my replies, to paint the entire picture, so you can crawl back under that rock of bottled up contempt.

morgant
12-03-2004, 03:33 PM
from my own original reply to you back in october, and that you so tastefully decided to post here. i answer your question about UB bonus dollars

hey, you cant get rakeback on an old account, so that account with the bonus money wont be eligible for rakeback. you would have to make a brand new account which wouldnt have these bonus dollars, unless you can transfer them????

Losing all
12-03-2004, 03:38 PM
You don't care about poker money and you're going to keep on doing what you do. Great! I'll take a #5 with large fries.

I'm being an rude ass, I'm not trying to damage your business reputation over some trivial hosresh!t. who's the jerk?

Bad form dude, bad form.

ThaSaltCracka
12-03-2004, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
btw, as for making money off other people. is that not the idea of poker? or do you feel a greater sense of humanity at the tables and kickback some of your winnings to the fish you just raped? get a focking grip. at least in the affiliate dealing both party's end out better off, as it is a zero sum game, the sites are the ones who take the hit on this situation. so TSC, if you are talking about caring for the players, taking money directly from them at the tables is a far worse crime then affiliating,

[/ QUOTE ]
No, winning money at the table is far different than getting a percentage of money from the host site because someone else won at the table. Can you see the difference?

As I tried saying to Jek(even though I am a complete idiot apparently) some of you guys take better care of your customers than others, thats fine, and in fact thats good, thats probably why you make so much money from it.
[ QUOTE ]
the sites are the ones who take the hit on this situation.

[/ QUOTE ] You don't honestly believe that do you? All the sites care about is getting more people there and getting more people playing. If they need to give some of the rake back, they do, but its small fries compared to what they are making.

morgant
12-03-2004, 03:43 PM
you are a lost cause

ThaSaltCracka
12-03-2004, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you are a lost cause

[/ QUOTE ]why don't you tell me how they are the same then, because you are so convinced they are.

mmbt0ne
12-03-2004, 03:50 PM
Goodness TSC. You make one post in the Zoo, and look what you started. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ThaSaltCracka
12-03-2004, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Goodness TSC. You make one post in the Zoo, and look what you started. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Yes, I apparently threw a rock at a bitchy bees nest.

mmbt0ne
12-03-2004, 03:56 PM
The real question, why no Carpal \'Tunnel posse love for you like Daryn in the Home forum? Where's Sponger et al?

B00T
12-03-2004, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You don't care about poker money and you're going to keep on doing what you do. Great! I'll take a #5 with large fries.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sound pretty f'n bitter about this job of mine. What do you do? Let me guess you are one of those lazy degenerates that relies on raping fellow poker players for every cent they are worth. A typical loser doing anything they can to cut corners and bitter of those who make a real living.

Morgant I posted your PMs earlier in the thread that coincide with your responses and mine.

I dont care for your approach of saying at that juncture I'd fill you in on becoming an affiliate. If you never mentioned helping I would see its an affiliate thing and you just want the money. My problem isnt that he didnt help me. My problem is he is holding the answers as blackmail to get what he wants.

Instead you make a counter-offer. WHEN you signup for me, then I will give you the simple f'n email address or direct you to someone that can help you. Gimmie a break.

If you or nobody else cannot see that this is blatantly selfish they are either #1 dumb, or #2 afraid to post and/or agree with me because its not agreeing with all the cool people here.

ThaSaltCracka
12-03-2004, 03:59 PM
Sponger doesn't like me, because everytime he attempts to be funny, I let him know that he is in fact not funny. Plus he is tiny, sort of like a little child. As for daryn, oh well. He posted the link in the OOT forum with the intention that we all over there would notice it. I am fine though, I can stand on my own two feet.

B00T
12-03-2004, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I cut off the end of that last PM because I was trying to save others of your stupidity. You cant transfer bonus dollars, everybody knows that. I wanted to know if I ended up with bonus dollars on a 2nd acct, that does that cut into the rakeback amount (i.e. after Bonus Dollars are dried up, then you start earning rakeback)

When you create an acct and from your own offer 20% bonus. So that $100 in bonus, does that haev to clear before the rakeback sets in? THAT WAS MY QUESTION

Your response didnt answer a damn thing.

ThaSaltCracka
12-03-2004, 04:01 PM
I could care less what most of the Zoo clowns think of me, I agree with you B00T.

morgant
12-03-2004, 04:11 PM
please stop propagating these arguments.

Losing all
12-03-2004, 04:13 PM
I'm not bitter, jealous more like it. Do you have any idea how cool fry-cooking looks from the other side of the counter? He's like a god back there.

it seems like you are bitter at anyone that makes a buck from poker. That makes me wonder why you bother playing or posting here.

Have a nice life

ThaSaltCracka
12-03-2004, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
please stop propagating these arguments.

[/ QUOTE ]so you have no reply to my question? Seriously, explain to me how being an affiliate is just like taking money from fish at the poker table, because that is what you said.

I am guessing it took you 30 minutes to figure out you can't explain how they are the same, so thats why you said what you did.

morgant
12-03-2004, 04:16 PM
I dont care for your approach of saying at that juncture I'd fill you in on becoming an affiliate. If you never mentioned helping I would see its an affiliate thing and you just want the money. My problem isnt that he didnt help me. My problem is he is holding the answers as blackmail to get what he wants.

when did i make an offer to help people become affiliates at ultimate bet. you sent me an unsolicited email with that request. followed up by one requesting a rakeback account. am i missing something here.

being an affiliate and having a rakeback account are two separate matters, if you could have just articulated, i need the address to become an affiliate, you wouldnt be having nightmares still about the wretched manner in which you were treated. instead you muddled the two together.

for the record, i have provided this exact address to several other people, people i know, and people who flat out asked. go fly a kite

f

morgant
12-03-2004, 04:17 PM
i never took you for a troll.

ThaSaltCracka
12-03-2004, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i never took you for a troll.

[/ QUOTE ]I will leave this thread feeling satisfied that you cannot or will not explain yourself. Thanks man.

morgant
12-03-2004, 04:25 PM
yes everyone knows that you cant transfer bonus dollars, but from the vagueness and lack of knowledge that you showed in your pms to me, how can i tell what you do or do not know? and i am suppose to read between the lines as to the questions you have finally laid out here?

look, i am not budging on my views of this, and apparantly you are not either. which is fine people can disagree. i feel the topic has been exhausted and publicy displayed, so i would appreciate if we dropped it. cause each post we make gets further from teh original topic which is of such minute importance anyways(except to those degenerate people who play poker for a living) sorry, had to say that. i dont want to instigate this any further though.
so i am signing off this thread, i implore you to do the same.

as for TSC, you are not valid of responses as your logic is so out of whack, i feel a lot dumber for trying to counter them in the first place.

B00T
12-03-2004, 04:39 PM
I'm done Morgant, I voiced my opinion, as did you. Thats all that I wanted to get across at the beginning of this. Good luck with your affiliate program.

As for shitbox over here....I am not bitter from people playing poker. I make a decent sum of money on the side from playing. I enjoy playing poker and making $80 a day instead of playing Madden and making nothing. I dont base my life around it as some of you do...I'm not very good at poker compared to most of you so make fun of me about that if you choose. Let me guess, you play poker for a living? You might be bitter because you sit in your house all day long and do nothing else except praying your little online pipe dream of an easy way out of life doesnt dry up when the poker fad ends in 2 or 3 years. All the fishies are going to disappear, and then what are you going to do? Come to New Jersey if you must and I'll give you a job washing windows and cleaning toilets.

Stupendous_Man
12-03-2004, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you also receive like 1.5 times points for being 2nd seated, and 3rd i believe but not sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe you get double points for being the 1st or 2nd at a table. Nothing for 3rd. I'm 90%+ sure on this. I used this strategy that last UB bonus I did.

wdbaker
12-03-2004, 05:08 PM
All,
I don't know most of you but what a waste of time reading through this thread, I definately am much stupider now then before I started reading this crap...

Don't we have a moderator that can shut this down or move it to the "StupidBitchSlapping" forum instead /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

One Street at a Time
wdbaker Denver, Co

B00T
12-03-2004, 05:21 PM
You get no Ult Pts for 3rd at the table...About 6 months ago they changed their policy. 3rd and 4th used to get 1.5x Ultimate Points but now you get nothing.

ThaSaltCracka
12-03-2004, 05:26 PM
no one forced you to read it, so I guess we can move your post to the ""StupidBitchSlapping" forum, right?

GrannyMae
12-03-2004, 05:29 PM
i thought you were leaving this thread?

wdbaker
12-03-2004, 05:40 PM
Yes, the complete thread please, cause I'm no better than you in that I posted here...

Thanks

One Street at a Time
wdbaker Denver, Co

goodguy_1
12-04-2004, 12:39 AM
hey BOOT I think you may be blowing things out of proportion here...you sound frustrated by poker even before your dealings with Morgant.

I'm chiming in here to defend Morgant.He is my only affiliate..only one I've really had and he's been working hard to make his program better ie faster cashouts,realtime rakeback balances etc.
Check this out... about 2 weeks ago he bumped up to a higher rake rebate rate at PokerNow ...I didnt even have to beg him which I would have eventually done-heh..All I'm saying is he is a good businessman..he is working hard to build a solid business and he's aggressive ..dont blow this UB stuff out of proportiuon because it's not the guy I know.Yes most serious players and player/affilates are driven by money but so what..thats the bizness..