PDA

View Full Version : hackers on Paradise?

MycroftX
12-02-2004, 09:10 PM
ok, this is weird.

I'm playing .50/$1 at Paradise, and get dealt pocket Aces.

I raise, and everyone folds except the small blind and cutoff (I was UTG)

then, just as the flop comes this guy who folded says "he has pocket Aces"

.... then a second later he types out "I think 3 of the people at this table are hackers."

what the heck is that...? if he was suspicious of three other people, how did he know my hand? also I had only been at this table for about 10 hands, and played 4, they could not have seen me as a tight player, or he has PT stats on me...I dont know..

so I came here to ask is it possible for people to see your cards? is this a common problem? was it just a lucky guess, that he played out? it sort of freaked me out.

I try to be weary of collusion, but programs that help you see peoples cards?

MycroftX
12-02-2004, 09:39 PM
Is this something to be concerned about? I'm seriously worried...

BusterStacks
12-02-2004, 09:40 PM
no. relax. it's a non-issue.

MycroftX
12-02-2004, 09:43 PM
really? he must have guessed then? everyone folded so quickly it was as if they knew...

could it have been a glitch, and those two guys who did call me didnt see my cards, but others did?

has anyone had that happen to them?

lorinda
12-02-2004, 09:44 PM
Pattern Maps.

Lori

jek187
12-02-2004, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pattern Maps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you mean Pattern Maps? (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=498421&page=&view=&sb =5&o=)

WSOPWinner2005
12-02-2004, 09:51 PM
One time experience at Inter Tops about 1 1/2 years ago during a multi table tournament we could all see opponent's cards - it was pretty funny.. We all should of put tape over our cards on our monitors and played "Idiot Poker"

There was a server restart no more then 5 minutes later and everything was back to normal - Other then that in years of on-line experience I haven't heard of any actual proof a site was cracked EXCEPT planet's algorithim a LONG time ago and they changed it.

BusterStacks
12-02-2004, 09:53 PM
no. there's no possible glitch where anyone could have seen your cards. An UTG raise has higher raising standards than other positions, and it's not uncommon to scare people off. As far as the guy saying you had aces, I see this done often and sometimes do it myself. It's just [censored]-talking, and you coincidentally happened to have pocket aces. Furthermore, there are no hacking a poker site itself (not the RNG) is essentially impossible, but if it had been done:

a) the "hacker" wouldn't talk about it
b) would be skilled enough to maintain secrecy
c) wouldn't play .5/1

ncboiler
12-02-2004, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm playing .50/$1 at Paradise

[/ QUOTE ]

If they are smart enough to hack they are smart enough to do it at higher levels.

MycroftX
12-02-2004, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If they are smart enough to hack they are smart enough to do it at higher levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what got me, I should have said that in my original post. It just caught me off guard, to actually have Aces when someone said that, I was concered, and even tried looking up maybe some articles about it online.

anyway, I feel more re-assured, thanks for replying.

Kellon
12-02-2004, 11:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pattern Maps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you mean Pattern Maps? (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=498421&page=&view=&sb =5&o=)

[/ QUOTE ]

So-o-o -- Could you summarize that thread for me so I don't have to read it? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

lorinda
12-02-2004, 11:25 PM
You have to read the essay about the bear.

Lori

kenberman
12-02-2004, 11:35 PM
I saw that chat/hand.
there was a lot of weird chat going on if I remember (people talking about chip dumping to avoid the Paradise downswing, etc).

other than that, I have nothing to add /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jim Kuhn
12-03-2004, 12:11 AM
I thought there was a keylogger type virus where they could see exactly what is on your screen?

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4U

ctv1116
12-03-2004, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ok, this is weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is eerily similar to a post I made a while ago, about these things called "pattern maps". link (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=498421&page=&view=&sb=5&o =&fpart=1&vc=1)

ctv1116
12-03-2004, 12:31 AM
Ah, not THAT thread again.

lorinda
12-03-2004, 12:33 AM
Your crowning moment /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Lori

ctv1116
12-03-2004, 12:35 AM
So basically, I started that thread (innocently, I was a fish back then). At first, I just got flamed for being an idiot, and then Ulysses (a respected poster who I believe now goes by El Diablo), claimed that all of his winnings were based on his ability to predict the turn and river cards. Many, many people, including some regs, were duped into believing that they could do it, and it has since become an urban legend among this parts, along with Q5 of spades being the Granny Mae unbeatable hand and others. I hope this helps.

ctv1116
12-03-2004, 12:42 AM
I know...I was talking to jek about his website and he was like, "aren't you the guy who started that pattern mapping thread?"

BusterStacks
12-03-2004, 01:23 AM
wow... that thread... just cost me 30 minutes of my life.

SwordFish
12-03-2004, 02:09 AM
Lori is right - Anyone who wasn't here when this was originally posted should meet BoBo the Bear

BoBo (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=500173&page=&view=&sb =5&o=&vc=1)

SF

theantelope
12-03-2004, 02:12 AM
Ok. Let's say you're a hacker who can see other players' cards. Do you decide to announce that in the chat?