PDA

View Full Version : Flopped monster... I ruined it.

StraitRazor
12-02-2004, 09:08 PM
Hey guys... this happened in a 7/15 game. Nope... not a typo... it was 7/15.

I limp in late pos. with A /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Big Blind raises. 6 callers.

Flop 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB bets, MP raises, I call.

Turn 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB bets, MP folds, I raise, BB folds complaining about his JJ. BB is pretty loose player, but I think I was getting a lot of respect here.

So, I think I should have at least gotten $15 more here. What do you think of my line.

Manzanita
12-03-2004, 12:56 AM
StraitRazor,

So where do they spread a 7/15 game?

Regarding the hand you posted: You should have waited for the river to raise, especially since the BB was nice enough to keep betting. Put yourself in the BB's shoes: assuming that you are a reasonable player you must have at least trip nines.

-- Manzanita

NLSoldier
12-03-2004, 01:30 AM
7/15 must get pretty annoying...do you use $5 chips and $1 chips er...?

StraitRazor
12-03-2004, 01:42 AM
They spread this game in Chinatown in Vancouver along with the usual 4/8. It's goofy, I know. Some whites, more red chips in this game.

I raise there because I thought he was loose enough to marry his hand. I still think this is the case. I think he'd have called with QQ, KK, and for sure with AA.

You're right though... although I don't see how he could put me on a gutshot draw.

One more note on this 7/15 game. It's awesome.

Kooch
12-03-2004, 03:41 AM
If you smooth called the turn, now that your heads-up with what you figure is an overpair, I'd feel confident that he's either going to lead out on the river and call your subsequent raise, or check-call to see what you have (obviously assuming he doesn't hit his hand). I don't think you'd played it incorrectly per se, but if you were looking to extract a little more, I might have waited til the river, since you were heads up with a good feel of where your opponent was at, and you had position.