PDA

View Full Version : logistics of monopoly for real money

college kid
12-02-2004, 08:14 PM
Not sure if this is the right post, but what the heck. Friends had an idea of playing Monopoly for real money--dividing the value of everything by a hundred of course! The only problem we have with the logistics is the bank. Aside from not doing any stupid house rules, the only idea we have so far on how to make this a feasable idea is to not have any money go out of the bank for the first round. By the second round, with people buying properties and such, there should be enough to cover. Anybody have any other ideas or suggestions???

And no BS about how this is stupid gambling. There is skill to Monopoly and it is evident that some of the people who play just have no idea about the value of certain things by the trades they make and properties they buy or auction. I plan on winning this game.

MickeyHoldem
12-02-2004, 08:43 PM
This is not a new idea, however I will say that it may not be common... In college we played a few times using the following system. Divide all values by 100. Everyone ponies up the 20 bucks to start... in addition to this $20 everyone puts $5 into the bank. The bank then has money to payout during the early stages of the game and all participants have an equal share of the bank profits at the end... i.e any money in the bank when the game is over is split evenly!

RocketManJames
12-02-2004, 09:00 PM
Did you go to my college?

Link to an old post. (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=&Number=668347&page=&v iew=&sb=5&o=&fpart=)

-RMJ