PDA

View Full Version : Less is More

RavenJackson
12-02-2004, 07:03 PM
I play $10.00 SnGs on UB. Until recently I have played 2-3 tables pretty consistently; however, I have hit a rough patch this last month. I decided to take a break, focus and play one table at a time. It is amazing how my game has improved by focusing on one table. IMO there are many nuances in the normal SnG that are entirely missed by most multi-table players.

I know there is a temptation to play multi-tables because it is faster and can increase an exceptional player's ROI. I am coming to the opinion that, for the average winning player, less can be more.

ilya
12-02-2004, 08:45 PM
But is it more enough??

morgan180
12-02-2004, 09:19 PM
Personally I'm finding just playing one SNG to be pretty lacking in the mental stimulation department. I am looking forward to multi-tabling because while my ROI will go down my earnings and mental stimulation level hopefully *should* increase.

SmileyEH
12-02-2004, 09:55 PM
My ROI for 1 tabling would be about the same as 2 or 3 because I just wouldnt pay any attention.

-SmileyEH

morgan180
12-02-2004, 09:57 PM
exactly - they are so formulaic in nature that i am reading, watching tv, etc. plus i get bored and impatient. i actually switched to limit for the last 2+ weeks just because i was bored of one SNG at a time.

Voltron87
12-02-2004, 10:10 PM
"But is it more enough??"

This is the important part.

Sure, you can play 1 SNG at a higher level of quality than the average of 4 at the same time, but if you play 4 at the same time you will multiply your edge. You are getting the slightly lower EV 4 times over.

Also, once you have 4 tabled for a while this difference will be almost negligible.