PDA

View Full Version : I'm wearing a wristband

BottlesOf
12-02-2004, 06:19 PM
I know this fad is way old, but right now, it's making me feel good.

Patrick del Poker Grande
12-02-2004, 06:21 PM
Is it one of those snapping ones from circa 1989? That would be badass. If it's just one of those Livestrong ones, well then... I think you know.

lu_hawk
12-02-2004, 06:22 PM
As long as it isn't one of the yellow ones. I know they're for cancer research but 90% of the people who have them wear them because everybody else wears them and not because of the cancer thing.

BottlesOf
12-02-2004, 06:27 PM
Hahaha, no it's not a Lance Armstrong bracelet or a snap bracelet.

It's like a sweatband that you wear when playing tennis? Except it's clean and colorful.

IndieMatty
12-02-2004, 06:27 PM
Agreed, it is mere moments before America turns on Lance Armstrong.

I already have.

sfer
12-02-2004, 06:29 PM
You'd feel better with a cock-ring.

Patrick del Poker Grande
12-02-2004, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hahaha, no it's not a Lance Armstrong bracelet or a snap bracelet.

It's like a sweatband that you wear when playing tennis? Except it's clean and colorful.

[/ QUOTE ]
Alrighty then... I will admit I've worn one before, but it was only as part of my halloween costume last year. I'm not sure I liked how I felt when I wore it.

stabn
12-02-2004, 06:31 PM
I give a lot of money to cancer research and am a big lance armstrong fan, but there's now way in hell i'm wearing one of those lance yellow wrist bands. That's just silly. Wearing a wristband isn't going to do anything to help cure cancer.

kerssens
12-02-2004, 06:32 PM
Do you have a matching headband?

cnfuzzd
12-02-2004, 06:32 PM
are you high?

peace

john nickle

B Dids
12-02-2004, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wearing a wristband isn't going to do anything to elp cure cancer.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize that all of the profits from those things go to well... the fight to cure cancer.

Of all the things not to like, this seems pretty stupid.

stabn
12-02-2004, 06:42 PM
Uh why would one need to buy a bracelet to give money to cancer? Why not just give money to cancer. I'm not personally against the braclets themselves, i just wouldn't wear one. There's no reason to "show off" that i support charity, or to look good for "giving". People who wear them typically just seem to like to pat eachother on the back for being good people.

sfer
12-02-2004, 06:46 PM
It's possible that people who would not have otherwise donated directly inadvertently ended up contributing to cancer research in order to be a part of a dumb fad. Do you object to that?

stabn
12-02-2004, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm not personally against the braclets themselves, i just wouldn't wear one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the above. I don't really give a [censored] how cancer research gets it's money as long as it gets it. It's great if it gets more from those braclets. That doesn't stop me from thinking it's a dumb fad though. It's not like i'm out yelling at these people to not buy them, or trying to stop people from buying and wearing them. Lance does a lot of other great things for cancer though, like the ride he does in Texas every year. His visibility overall, and what he's done for cancer without those braclets, is incredible, and definitely more than almost anyone else is doing (except for the researchers and doctors and trial patients).

Edge34
12-02-2004, 07:26 PM
You gotta admit - the yellow wristband is one hell of an ad.

Random Person: "Hey Brandon, where'd you get that wristband? I see 'em everywhere!"

Me: "I got it at a bike store/sports store/online...what's really cool is all the money that this gets goes to cancer research!"

Me (in my head): And the more people that wear them, the more people see them, the more money goes to research...if this "fad" will get the job done......

That's why I wear mine, at least...plus, everyone else is! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

That oughta do it.

-Edge

EDIT TO ASK: Is this one of the quicker thread hijacks ever?

B Dids
12-02-2004, 10:40 PM
You don't like fad, maybe you don't like fads, you project negative feelings towards people you don't know and make goofy assumptions about them.

That sucks.

GuyOnTilt
12-03-2004, 12:50 AM
I get what you're saying and I agree.

GoT

BottlesOf
12-03-2004, 01:14 AM
Please. This thread topic was lame to begin with, it deserved to be jacked.

Patrick del Poker Grande
12-03-2004, 01:15 AM
At what point exactly did this thread jump the shark?

Sponger15SB
12-03-2004, 01:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
As long as it isn't one of the yellow ones. I know they're for cancer research but 90% of the people who have them wear them because everybody else wears them and not because of the cancer thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only reason I wore was because it fit around my full arm cast over the summer, those things are freaking huge!

Evan
12-03-2004, 02:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's like a sweatband that you wear when playing tennis? Except it's clean and colorful

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude, you throw on your pink shirt (for the pink chip game) and you've got yourself an outfit.

Blarg
12-03-2004, 04:33 AM
Those are great to put on when you're watching Sweatin' to the Oldies, or maybe just listening to Barbara or Liza records.

GuyOnTilt
12-03-2004, 07:06 AM
I feel weird if I'm not wearing a necklace. I've been looking for a bracelet too, but haven't found anything I'd wear all the time yet. Don't like wristbands.

GoT