PDA

View Full Version : Too agressive with flush draw or proper played?

Akimka
12-02-2004, 06:04 PM
UTG reads: tight-passive. vpip 15, PF raise 0, after flop aggro - 2.32 (pretty aggro), won $ at SD 50%.

Type of player that I don't meet often - very strange combination of factors. Am I too agressive with my hand? How this kind of players behaive on heavy action? Is that kind of players tend to fold or call to SD?
Proper or poor played?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

JinX11
12-02-2004, 06:11 PM
Maybe raise pre-flop (although I often make this same play, but am often told by others here that I should raise). Flop raise is standard with flush draw, backdoor straight, and overcard - you'd like a free card on the turn if you need it; raising the flop may give you this, as you know.

Turn call is fine...don't know if I like your chances 1 in 7 after the river, but maybe (TT is about all you beat that he may three-bet on the flop).

Edit: I think one reason why raising pre-flop would have been beneficial in this case is that when you followed it up by the flop raise, you would almost certainly get a free card on the turn unless he's hit a set. Otherwise, even if he's sporting TPTK, he may have to respect your flop raise more as he has to be concerned that your pre-flop/flop behaviour means you have an overpair.