PDA

View Full Version : The toilet paper at my job could NOT be any thinner!

SomethingClever
12-02-2004, 05:44 PM
Seriously, WTF? They just changed from a type that was thin already to probably the thinnest possible variety that will still hold together as a coherent sheet!

I can't imagine it's +EV for them to use this cheap, crappy paper. I have to fold it in half about 30 times before it even approaches useable.

Maybe it's a vicious cycle... they start with a legitimate two ply brand, then try to cut costs by going to one ply... only everyone starts folding it in half twice, so there's actually more usage. Then they look at the TP usage spiraling out of control and think, "Holy shait! We need to get even THINNER TP!"

Discuss.

jakethebake
12-02-2004, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, WTF? They just changed from a type that was thin already to probably the thinnest possible variety that will still hold together as a coherent sheet!

I can't imagine it's +EV for them to use this cheap, crappy paper. I have to fold it in half about 30 times before it even approaches useable.

Maybe it's a vicious cycle... they start with a legitimate two ply brand, then try to cut costs by going to one ply... only everyone starts folding it in half twice, so there's actually more usage. Then they look at the TP usage spiraling out of control and think, "Holy shait! We need to get even THINNER TP!"

Discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]
I usually just sort of fold it up into several layers, but feel free to add this to the corporations misuse of employees thread going on in the political forum. I'm sure the unions will be adding this to their list of ridiculous demands soon. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ThaSaltCracka
12-02-2004, 05:54 PM
I fold too.

Monkeyslacks
12-02-2004, 05:56 PM
I refer to this crap as "forest service" toilet paper.

SomethingClever
12-02-2004, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I refer to this crap as "forest service" toilet paper.

[/ QUOTE ]

The old stuff was bad... but this is like transparent!

jakethebake
12-02-2004, 06:01 PM
Is it that recycled stuff? I always kinda worry they recycle it from used toilet paper so your like rubbing used paper on your ass. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Patrick del Poker Grande
12-02-2004, 06:03 PM
Don't worry. They have a little guy who cuts out the stained parts before it goes in the hopper. It's a union job, though, so it pays like $26.37/hr.

turnipmonster
12-02-2004, 06:04 PM
now that was a funny post.

Monkeyslacks
12-02-2004, 06:05 PM
Seriously underpaid.

ThaSaltCracka
12-02-2004, 06:06 PM
the funny thing is he shows up for a month or so, says some funny [censored], then leaves for a while.

Patrick del Poker Grande
12-02-2004, 06:13 PM
I've been off doing silly things like getting married and going on a honeymoon... then two days after I got back from my honeymoon, I got sent to San Diego for work for a week. And by "a week", they actually meant "a month and a half and then you'll come back right before Christmas time". I'm still waiting to find out exactly when that last part happens. Maybe it'll be around when the in-laws get here.