PDA

View Full Version : TPFK and resistance - righit or wrong play?

Akimka
12-02-2004, 05:33 PM
SB is normal player: VPIP 24, PFR 9.
Flop agressive 0.60, turn agr 2.75, river agr 1.50
Known as offuit Ax player...

Comments please?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (11 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Fat Nicky
12-02-2004, 05:38 PM
I'd call down after getting raised on the turn. I can't think of too many situation where I 3-bet here, get called down and still be ahead.

mistrpug
12-02-2004, 05:39 PM
Based on your reads, I don't see how you could play it any differently. Without a read, I just call down after the turn raise rather than 3-bet. Good hand.

Brash620
12-02-2004, 06:05 PM
Good Play. I like the three bet on the turn because i don't see the six helping his hand. It makes no draws and if he were holding top pair on the flop i would expect a raise. So with the exeption of SB being to stuburing to fold 6,6 your in good shape.

runa
12-02-2004, 06:11 PM
I prefer to just call the turn CR.

I don't like getting capped here as a 2-pair is likely. This player doesn't seem overly aggro, probably puts you on TPGK or TPTK, and unless your image is wild and loose I think I prefer calling the turn and call the river or bet if checked to.

Given your read a 3-bet is good if you've seen this player make the turn raise into a PF raiser with Ax small kicker, but I think this play requires a little more specific information like under what conditions and to what players this person turn raises. If its blind, non-selective and habitual, then the 3-bet is good, but just knowing he raises the turn often probably isn't enough to justify it (i.e. maybe he only does it with 2 pair or better).

Akimka
12-02-2004, 06:21 PM
Well. I played with this guy for abour three orbit and don't have such clear reads. But for now i understand that my agression is not appropriate. Thanks for your advises!