PDA

View Full Version : ATV Suggestions

Rooster71
12-02-2004, 04:45 PM
I am planning on buying a new (or like new) ATV sometime before February. I have not owned (or even ridden one) in about 10 years. I am strongly considering a Honda Recon ES (250cc, 2WD). I don't see the point in buying the bigger ATV's that are currently so popular because the increased weight of a big (450cc+) ATV means that I would need 4WD that would cost even more $$$. I have had really good experiences with Honda ATV's, but I am open to other brands. Any suggestions?

There is no way I would buy one of the cheapo Chinese brands, I can't remember the names (some Chinese sounding name) but I looked at one the other day and was totally unimpressed (the low low price was a major hint). But other than those I don't see a major difference between any of the major manufacturers like Honda, Yamaha, Polaris, Arctic Cat, Kawasaki and Bombardier. Any pointers on choosing a manufacturer?

My uncle is a big fan of Polaris, but it is my understanding that they had some quality issues a few years back, but are once again considered top quality.

BusterStacks
12-02-2004, 04:57 PM
I worked for a Yamaha/Suzuki/Kawasaki dealership and I recommend Yamaha.