PDA

View Full Version : A nice little story in the war against frustration

pshreck
12-02-2004, 04:42 PM
I have been having a good week at my 22's, having a great finish last night with two 1sts and a 2nd in my last 4 tournys.

However, just about every day I dont place in my first 5 or 6 tourneys. It is so frustrating because I feel like I almost have to get it out of the way.... go down 100 bucks before I can even start my day.

Today I was determined to make it different. I quickly bust in my first 2, and place 4th in the next 2. So frustrated I take a break and do laundry.

I come back for my next 4. Quickly my kings got busted by an annoying guy who called my all in with QJsuited. I tilt and go all in with AQ in another tourney (something I never do in level 1), and get called and busted by 88s. Being in a bad mood I also berate the guy for calling with 8s.

So I have two tourneys I am still in. I figure if I can get 1 place out of these Ill be ok. I am down to 500 in one and have a stack of 750 in the other. In the 750 one a shorstack goes all in and I push with pocket 10s. Then my connection goes down for about 5 minutes.

I am beyond frustrated and am about to go out to lunch and not even try to get recconnected, just to go back with shortstacks and lose.

I stick it out, restart my computer, and rejoin the two tables.

On the one table I was all in, my stack is 1900. Yes, 1900. I had called the all in, and another player with a stack of like 725 apparently called. I had no HH so I didnt know what happened, but I about tripled up with my 10s.

In the other tourney.... I stole my way from 525 to 2100, without ever seeing a flop. This has not happened to me in a long time. Players were folding every hand to me. I was doing it all with Ax and mid pairs, so it wasnt even like I was tilting.

I get heads up for the win in both, and test out Dalimans (I think) theory on pushing every hand. I steal my way to about 6500 chips in both, and get all in with a coinflip in both, to win both.

So anyways, what was starting out to be a bad day turned into a 24 dollar profit. Just love when I get a boost like this.

And Im off to lunch, thanks for listening.

beerbandit
12-02-2004, 04:46 PM
nice comeback

im not really sure how i like the idea of pushing in every sb like that. maybe im a little to tight when im not drinking and tend to wait for better spots.

glad it worked though

cheers