PDA

View Full Version : Pocket 7s in a Kill Pot - two underpairs on board

Fat Nicky
12-02-2004, 04:35 PM
Based on 2 orbits, villain seems LAG pre-flop, doesnt' get out of hand postflop.

UB 3/6 Kill Pot (8 players)

UTG+1 posts Kill Blind.

Pre-flop: Hero calls UTG w/7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, UTG+1 checks, all fold to button who calls, BB calls

4 to the flop for 4.3 SB.

Flop: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif
BB checks, Hero bets, UTG+1 raises, Button and BB fold, Hero calls.

2 to the turn for ~4BB

Turn: 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero bets, UTG+2 calls.

2 to the river for ~6 BB.

River: 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero bets, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB.

Comments please????

27offsooot
12-02-2004, 04:54 PM
villain have another pp? 88/ 99? I think u played it fine, but his raise seems to suggest he doesn't want to allow any overcard draws in. He probably would've raised with 1010+ PF. I don't know what else u can do in this hand. As long as there's no aggression from him, if u check he likely will bet. Only line I might think would be to c-r the turn and hope he lays down his pp. But i doubt he puts u on a 6 or 2 calling UTG. There's a chance he was raising an ace on the flop, but with others left to act, i doubt it.
Or he could have a two and be a passive retard.

runa
12-02-2004, 05:47 PM
Flop: Isolation raise is slightly worrisome. I'm debating 3-betting here as you might be up against flush draw + overs.

Turn: SNG is an easy choice. Full house would raise here which presents you a tough decision to either call down or fold, and overpairs slow down which also makes it hard to read, but you can't give a free ride to either flush draw or overcard draws.

River: The call on the turn really eases my mind. I don't mind betting here as I expect Ax, Kx, smaller PP to call here. I'm most worried about 88, 99 or something like that but I still like the bet.