beerbandit
12-02-2004, 02:47 PM
i guess it depends on what im shaving though

i usually just trim up a few days a week with my beard trimmer

but for my face clean shaven, have to say razor

cheer

spamuell
12-02-2004, 02:50 PM
What's the question, what do we use or what do we prefer?

I use electric but I should probably use a razor because I never seem to be completely clean-shaven.

ThaSaltCracka
12-02-2004, 02:54 PM
you actually have facial hair?

jakethebake
12-02-2004, 03:23 PM
I generally use a blade twice a week and electric the rest. No shaving on weekends. Blades get much closer, and I never used electrics at all until recently because of that. But newer electrics seem to be getting better.

deacsoft
12-02-2004, 03:32 PM
I like the quickness of the shaver but nothing gets as close as a blade.

vulturesrow
12-02-2004, 03:59 PM
Being a military guy, I shave daily. I use both, but prefer the razor. I tend to use the electric for when Im in a rush. I've been using the new Mach 3 Power. I was surprised that it does improve on the shave and it wasnt just some stupid marketing gimmick.

jakethebake
12-02-2004, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Being a military guy, I shave daily. I use both, but prefer the razor. I tend to use the electric for when Im in a rush. I've been using the new Mach 3 Power. I was surprised that it does improve on the shave and it wasnt just some stupid marketing gimmick.

[/ QUOTE ]I totally agree and thought the same thing when I started using the Mach 3. Being a former military guy, I always used to use a blade, except when i went to the field. I always took the charged up electric and was always the only guy out there that had a decent shave. Everybody else would try to dry shave or just using water and one of those crappy little metal mirrors. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

vulturesrow
12-02-2004, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I totally agree and thought the same thing when I started using the Mach 3. Being a former military guy, I always used to use a blade, except when i went to the field. I always took the charged up electric and was always the only guy out there that had a decent shave. Everybody else would try to dry shave or just using water and one of those crappy little metal mirrors. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I can count the number of times I have dry shaved on one hand. They were quite possibly the most painful experiences of my life. This is coming from a guy who has played rugby most of his adult life so I am pretty familiar with pain. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

plaster8
12-02-2004, 04:13 PM
Anyone use the Norelco that shoots the lotion crap out? It's great. (But then again, I've never shaved with a blade, so maybe I don't know what I'm missing.)

vulturesrow
12-02-2004, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone use the Norelco that shoots the lotion crap out? It's great. (But then again, I've never shaved with a blade, so maybe I don't know what I'm missing.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I can say that I have shot some lotion out in the shower. Dont know how well it works for shaving though.

Rick Nebiolo
12-02-2004, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've been using the new Mach 3 Power. I was surprised that it does improve on the shave and it wasnt just some stupid marketing gimmick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. Just got it yesterday at Walmart for $10, it's about $16 in drug stores. Wonderful shave, and I was using the regular Mach 3 before. Still need one older shaver for just under my nose, the Mach 3 blades don't get close enough /images/graemlins/grin.gif

~ Rick

Blarg
12-02-2004, 06:12 PM
The key to getting a close shave with an electric shaver is cleaning it a lot. Kind of like rinsing your regular razor off between strokes(not that kind of strokes). They can get gummed up fast inside.