PDA

View Full Version : Too loose with A9s?

Spicymoose
12-02-2004, 02:19 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

I'm pretty sure this was a bad call, but I am curious if it is awful, or could have at least a little bit of value (lets say I've got the best postflop skills out there). With 5 people in the pot I figure I may be getting good enough odds, especially since ATs may be good enough to play. I know I do have the worst possible absolute position, but given that the raiser late position, maybe I gain some relative position (which in fact I do).

Flop: (11 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP3 calls.

This seemed standard to me. Pretty big pot, protect my hand, hope im not in kicker trouble.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds.

Well the 9 obviously helped, but if I didn't get it should I still bet here? No need to protect anymore, its HU. I'm not gonna scare this guy from a bigger hand. What are the chances I'm ahead here? Sorry, no reads.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

MarkD
12-02-2004, 02:31 PM
Pre-flop:
I think it's close but certainly playable.

Post-flop:
This line is fine, although I'd also consider betting out on the flop. I think CR'ing is better though. You should bet any turn card here IMO.

beerbandit
12-02-2004, 02:37 PM
i think the pf call is good

i guess it also depends on the tendecies of the players left to act--any limp raising and also the raising standards of the pf raiser.

on the flop i bet and call a raise, you have back door straight and flush potential--((when nine comes after bet-call, it sounds like a cr on the turn))

after cring the flop ------ with the nine coming on the turn, i bet the way you played it

looks like it worked out

cheers