PDA

View Full Version : Stars v. Party Hourly Rate??

morgan180
12-02-2004, 01:36 PM
I just played my first couple of Stars 10+1 SNGs after playing my first 100+ at Party (just to mix it up) and I have to say those things are soooo long compared to a Party SNG.

Even with one less player it was still much longer than a typical 10+1 at Party. Plus the payout is only $45. I figure I can play 3 Party SNGs for every 2 at Stars and with the better payout because of the extra player I can't see justifying playing Stars.

This is all emperical as I don't have numbers (sample size) to back it up, but was interested in hearing from the more experienced players with a decent sample size at both sites as to whether this is actual fact or perception on my part.

I would think that my hourly rate would be far higher at Party than at Stars.

Is this a fair statement?

therock
12-02-2004, 01:40 PM
Try the $15 turbo at Stars. It takes about 45 minutes and is fairly comporable to Party. Also, the rake is much lower (6.25% Stars, 10.00% Party). I prefer the betting format at Stars.

skirtus
12-02-2004, 01:55 PM
I just started using Aleo's spreadsheet and was suprised at the hourly/rate of Party.

$10+1's
220 SnGs
$15.50/hr (2 tabling)

ITM% 47.5
ROI% 43.5

I never played at Stars so I cant compare stats for you. Also 200 SnGs is not a large enough sample. I think what you can see is that multi-tabling the 10s can be profitble.

morgan180
12-02-2004, 02:29 PM
i agree - i need to get multi-tabling - need to save up for a monitor first - i tend to play really poorly with the windows on top of one another and my current monitor can't handle anything more than that...

i know all about sample size - i'm not posting any SNG results or "can i move up posts" until i've got about 500 under my belt .. .and still, too small!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

UMTerp
12-02-2004, 02:37 PM
Does anyone have an ROI this high for the Stars Turbos? I'm amazed at some of the ROI's you guys quote on here. I couldn't imagine sustaining 40%. Is it because of the longer blind levels that give you more play, or do I just need to plug a leak or two to get there?

Also, in general, how much will your ROI drop if you play more than 4 tables at once? A quarter or so?

skirtus
12-02-2004, 05:10 PM
My ROI is from 2-tabling. I havent jumped to 4 yet. My ROI is also only over 200+ SnGs. It fluctuates from low 30s to low 50s. I dont know if 40+ ROI is sustainable over 500-1000 sngs at the 10s. I imagine a few have done it but most move up to the 20s quickly. I just started the 20s so I hope to never log that many 10s.

hurlyburly
12-02-2004, 06:46 PM
If you have the BR to start at the 20+2s at Stars you'll see a better $/rate without much of a difference in skill. The $30+3 games are tougher.

Stars has a smaller degree of variance due to the initial stack. I don't know my ROI but I've been able to build my initial $110 to $900 in 8 weeks single-tabling the 10+1 15+1 20+2 and 30+3 games (I jump limits to follow my favorite players). I only play about 20 tournys/week so I'm very happy so far.

I was never able to accomplish anything close to this on Party, the variance just drove me nuts, even after 2000+ 10+1 20+2 SnGs. The structure at Stars gives me much more confidence in my reading and betting pattern analyses, but hourly rate hasn't been my concern so far, I prefer a high ITM%.

I just started playing the 36+3 games and think I'm going to TRY keeping actual stats for this level AND play 100 before switching games again. My goal is to maintain a 20% ROI for the next month. This should be about $30/hour 2 tabling.

Bottom line is if you have a better $/hr rate at party after 50 or so tournys on stars, then you are better off at party, but give yourself a chance in both spots before really committing.