PDA

View Full Version : when to chop?

bucci
12-02-2004, 09:31 AM
Hi folks,
I saw a 5 way chop in a 525+30 SnG on Stars last night. I've only been involved in 2 way chops, and frankly don't usually like them.

When is it advantageous to suggest a multiway chop, and when is it advantageous to accept one? if you're playing the longrun, of course it's a function of chipcounts and your EV against the remaining players. But what if you're in a $525 SnG and the blinds are at 400 800 and everyone's sitting on a 2500 stack? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Any thoughts and strategies other than the obvious? I'm half a mind to say that it's almost always advantageous to chop 5 ways if everyone agrees when the blinds are so high. no?

last question, I don't know of any sites that really have an automatic way of facilitating chops. This is something they could build into the SW, and could possibly justify their high juice. When i play high buyin SnG, usually there are 3-4 people I know who are as good as me or better, so it usually would make sense to chop it. I'm going to start a poll on auto-chop feature and see what we come up with...

thanks!

jaydoggie
12-02-2004, 09:51 AM
pokerstars will allow you to chop. if you and the other player agree in the chatbox, and it is clear, you dont need the admin to be present. you work halfway on an honor system, where you play it out and the winner sends the difference over. and if for some reason he doesnt honor his word, support will see that he did agree to a chop and kindly do it for you.

i found this out when i jokingly asked a guy "chop?" when i had a 4 to 1 CL first hand heads up. he e-mailed 'stars, and they honored the chop. they realized that i was obviously joking as i was crushing the game, but said it was policy.

hope this helps.