PDA

View Full Version : Position ...... Thank you!!

jmgambler
12-02-2004, 09:03 AM
Dear All,

I have learnt alot from this forum and it saved me about $30 last night, How you ask?

UTG K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif10 /images/graemlins/club.gif........ I fold (Now LP I would play this with no raise, still wrong?)

The table folds out but for the 2 blinds (No raises)

Flop 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Now I am thinking "Crap!!!!!"

Turn K /images/graemlins/club.gif

Now I am actually saying "Crap!!!!!!"

River A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

The BB won this hand when he turned over:A /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gif

for the full house!!!!!!

Just thought I would share my "Position is everything story"

Regards David

PS. plus I like seeing the card suits when I tell these stories

deacsoft
12-02-2004, 03:52 PM
It's probably better for you to learn to not be results orientated, first.

morgan180
12-02-2004, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's probably better for you to learn to not be results orientated, first.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the single most important/most difficult thing to learn.

Even if the flop was 3 tens for quads you still made the right play UTG.

jeffnc
12-02-2004, 05:11 PM
I don't see what this hand has to do with position - the AA player didn't raise preflop. If you were in late position and called, you would have lost a ton of money.

UWWJAMES
12-02-2004, 08:30 PM
Very true

LockLow34
12-02-2004, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see what this hand has to do with position - the AA player didn't raise preflop. If you were in late position and called, you would have lost a ton of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't someone just say to get away from being results oriented? Try thinking of the hand this way:

Let's say KT calls. (and it turns out KT has position) After the flop, KT has a monster and AA is drawing to 2 outs. That means that on the flop and turn, about 95% of the money going into that pot ends up going to the KT hand, over the long run. AA just happened to hit his card that particular hand.

jmgambler
12-02-2004, 11:24 PM
.........That I am now learning, and that previously I would have called this hand NO matter which position I was because of inexperience and this was just an example of how I would have been punished early in my career ( for want of a better word) It was not about results,

Regards David