PDA

View Full Version : Moving Up?

CardMinger
12-02-2004, 04:57 AM
Hello,

I know this topic has been slightly covered in the SnG FAQ but I had a few more questions pertaining to when to move up limits.

I have read a lot of posts and realize that with my sample size it is hard to say if I am even a winning player.

I played around 40 $10+1 SnG's on Party with an ROI of 68.83% and an ITM of 52.38. I know these stats are unsustainable over 1000 or even 100 SnG's but after playing these 40 and doing a lot of reading on this forum and various books I moved up to the $20+2 on Party since by this time I had a bank roll of a little over $600.

I dont want to tell my results because I would like to know what everything thinks of making this move. Also, after moving up in this fashion what should be the cause of moving back down...losing 5 in a row, 10 in a row, bankroll depletion?

Thanks for the help!
CardMinger

housenuts
12-02-2004, 05:14 AM
i just like experimenting and bouncing around between the 10's and 20's. i just play whatever i feel like playing at the time. once i'm very confident with my 20 game i'll stick with them until i feel adequate time to bounce around between the 20's and 30's. your bankroll is around the bare minimum for 20+2. any lower and you're gonna have to go back to the 10+1. your sample size is also small but if you're confident you may as well try moving up. just don't stay there until your bankroll is depleted. be ready to move back down.

spentrent
12-02-2004, 05:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, after moving up in this fashion what should be the cause of moving back down...losing 5 in a row, 10 in a row, bankroll depletion?

[/ QUOTE ]

Move back down when you've only got 20 to 30 buy-ins for the level below your current. If you're playing 20s and a bad streak drops your roll to say $280, consider moving back to the 10s to try to grind your way back to 20 to 30 buy-ins for the 20s.

Of course I do believe that the lower the buy-in, the smaller the cushion. For instance, I think 10 buy-ins is fine for the $5 SNGs.

The other consideration is whether your current online bankroll is exactly your total bankroll; ie, whether you can reload your roll at will.