PDA

View Full Version : The biggest difference I've found between SNGs and ring games...

SuitedSixes
12-02-2004, 04:47 AM
I can't play SNGs if I am the least bit tired or distracted. It is just a waste of time and money . . . I don't make good decisions, as if I want to hurry up and bust out. Has anyone else noticed this?

Also, losing effects me much harder (as does winning). After a winning tournament I can't wait to start another one, but after a loss I just feel so beaten. Does this go away with time?

(my name it is) Sam Hall
12-02-2004, 05:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, losing effects me much harder (as does winning). After a winning tournament I can't wait to start another one, but after a loss I just feel so beaten. Does this go away with time?

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually use this to my advantage. If I win, I can quit and feel good about myself until the next session. If I lose one game, I can play another, lose that, and feel just as bad as after the first one. Since it's all one big session anyway, why not just play until you feel happy with yourself and leave it at that? (As long as you avoid tilt... master the perfect harmony of mind and soul...)