PDA

View Full Version : So I check through when I have TPGK...

BusterStacks
12-02-2004, 04:37 AM
preface: the table is LOOSE, 49% to the flop showing down with nothing. My thinking here is wait until the turn to come alive because if I can induce a bet in front of me, I am very confident they will all call 2 cold. A better player than I says bet this flop, so if I'm way off here, please explain.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (19.33 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (9.66 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

River: (17.66 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 20.66 BB

BusterStacks
12-02-2004, 05:06 AM
wtf you guys never read my [censored]...

aLOWdAkING
12-02-2004, 05:10 AM
I bet the flop. With the flush draw and possible straight draw, you don't want to give them infinite odds to draw out on you. If they are as loose as you claim, they will call you flop bet anyways and the turn bet as well. Jam the pot on the turn as you did. Bet the river as well.

MarkL444
12-02-2004, 05:17 AM
you do see theres two diamonds on the board, right?

college_boy
12-02-2004, 05:38 AM
I bet the flop because there are six callers, on a board that was likely to hit somebody. What were some of the reasons you checked it again?

MarkL444
12-02-2004, 05:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet the flop because there are six callers, on a board that was likely to hit somebody. What were some of the reasons you checked it again?

[/ QUOTE ]

i didnt check it, i would have bet. i guess he thinks this pot is "huge" and a flop bet wont protect his hand, but i think his hand isnt strong enough for that. especially given the two flush on the flop.

Evan
12-02-2004, 06:46 AM
Not betting here in a 6 handed pot sucks. Its pretty simple. Seriosuly I don't want to be a dick but there's not much discussion to be had. Your equity edge is too high in a multiway pot to not bet and too low to risk giving free cards.

EDIT: For more evidence of when not to check the flop check out the Mid/High post called "Sklansky Hand" or something

private joker
12-02-2004, 06:50 AM
I think Evan's being too nice. You really have to bet this flop. UTG+1 raised PF. He ain't folding for one bet from late position in a 6-handed pot. Bet this, and you'll get many callers. This is a very coordinated flop with two broadway cards and two to a flush draw. Do you really want to give 5 opponents infinite odds to see this turn? The only time you want to "wait to come alive on the turn" is when you have a hand that is not at all likely to be hurt by a dangerous turn card. Your hand is. Do you want to see an ace? A diamond? The bottom card paired? This flop was MADE for betting.

bakku
12-02-2004, 07:02 AM
CHECK TO PROTECT ROX!