PDA

View Full Version : Two KING-QUEEN suited hands at different tables

nepenthe
12-02-2004, 03:14 AM
No specific reads on this first hand.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: nepenthe is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">nepenthe raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, nepenthe calls, MP2 calls, CO folds.

Turn: (5.66 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, nepenthe calls, MP2 folds.

River: (7.66 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">nepenthe raises</font> planning to reconsider if 3-bet (aka having no plans whatsoever).

Final Pot:
-----------------------------------------------------------

On this 2nd hand, MP1 appears to be loose preflop and AG on the flop. He tends to slow down at the expensive streets without the goods. SB can be tricky and pushes draws, marginal holdings, and strong hands. He, too, tends to become more straightforward in the later streets.

No particular read on UTG+1 but he doesn't appear to be a winning player and is shortstacked.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: nepenthe is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, nepenthe calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, nepenthe calls, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls $4.50 (All-In), MP1 calls, nepenthe calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP1 calls, nepenthe calls.

River action is irrelevant...

Richard Berg
12-02-2004, 01:53 PM
Hand 1: must raise the flop. You're giving singleton aces the odds to draw. Once you reach the turn, I think going for the MP2 overcall is ok since BB will probably keep betting, making up for the extra bet you lose when behind.

Hand 2: I think the check-3bet is too strong for mere hearts even given your read, since it's impossible for him to have a combo draw. Granted, he bets a scary turn on a street where he's more straightforward, but MP1 looks like a smaller K who will pay off, so with your position I think you have enough equity to get in one more raise here. UTG+1 could have anything; his dead money is worth fighting for.

sthief09
12-02-2004, 02:19 PM
Hand 1: looks good
Hand 2: it doesn't look like SB has a flush. he played it like he had a monster. I odn't know if that means a worse K or 66. I also don't like the cold-call

MarkD
12-02-2004, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: must raise the flop. You're giving singleton aces the odds to draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? This is not a "must raise" situation and last I checked 3 outers had drawing odds in the neighborhood of 14-1, not 9-1.

Fat Nicky
12-02-2004, 02:50 PM
Hand 1: I'd probably raise the turn, but don't see anything wrong with the way you played it.

Hand 2: With all those bets going in on the flop, why not just cap it? Also, against the players you desicribed, I'm very tempted to raise the turn. Even with the flush card coming, I think you're still ahead here most of the time against these players.

Yeknom58
12-02-2004, 03:33 PM
Hand 1: I like a raise on the turn rather than the river. You don't know he'll bet the river and you don't know if he'll even check call the river so I like a turn raise.

Hand 2: Losing/short stack raises and one CC, I'm likely 3 betting here hoping to buy the button and keep the pot 3 ways. Post flop I would likely just 3-bet the flop but calling then raising any non heart turn sounds like fun also. Looking at the action on the flop I'm seeing a showdown but I'm sad.

nepenthe
12-02-2004, 11:29 PM
Hand 1: The guy called the river with KING-TEN offsuit. I would probably have folded to a river 3-bet from an unknown and kept a close eye on him afterwards.

Hand 2: River was an offsuit NINE double-pairing the board and it was checked to me. Only SB called with his turned KING-HIGH flush with TEN /images/graemlins/heart.gifSEVEN /images/graemlins/heart.gif. My plan was to raise a non-heart turn until the actual turn card screwed it up.

Richard Berg
12-03-2004, 01:22 AM
CO was given 11.33-1. A bit short of a 1-overcard draw, yes, but close enough (especially if he has Axs i.e. backdoor outs) that I want him out.

Also, you win more money.